Fuel Pressure Regulators

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newb

phresh
VIP
Ok I dont like posting this in the Forced Induction forum, but theres no "Fueling" area and my project is boosted, so here I am. My question is what are your impressions of the Aeromotive FPR's? I see ppl runnin Vortech and B&M most commonly, but I like the Aeromotive units and want to know why they're not more popular than they are. Im lookin to run a standard FPR, not a "Fuel Management Unit" that refrences boost to determine fuel pressure. Although, that was advice that was givin to me, and I know that not all advice is good advice, so if I should consider an "FMU" please let me know. I understand that Vortech and B&M are probably most common because they work good, but I know Aeromotive makes quality products and am curious as to why I dont see em more often. Thanks for any info.

fmu are tricky, they come in different fuel ratios. 8to1, 10to1, 12to1 and so on, they are hard to tune efficiently. I would recommend getting a obd1 p28 if vtec, p06 if not vtec. get it chipped and get tuned by a professional using crome or uberdata. You have already spent a lot on your setup and tuning isn't something you want to cheap out on. Do it right the first time or you will be regretting it later when you need to rebuild your motor

I will be running a P-28 chipped with Crome, but how does that help me with an FPR? I understand that I can change my fuel maps, but thats with the duty cycle of the injectors, is it not? If so, wouldnt I still neep an FPR?

if you getting tuned and you have larger injectors, your not going to need a fpr unless you running over 350hp your stockers good to that.

You spoke about a fuel management unit aka fmu, it is another cheaper form of tuning but very unsafe

Ok, thanks for the info. What happens over 350hp? does the stock one start to give irratic pressures, or can it just not flow enough?

Lets say I end up in the high 400, low 500 horse power area, still no need to upgrade?

the time to upgrade it comes when you have large enough injectors that you can't idle at stock fpr due to their opening cycles.
then, you need an adjustable one to raise the rail pressure a little bit to compensate for it.

i had 750's, 860's cc injectors and never had a problem with 700 rpm idle.
i know plenty of people who ran 1000cc and ideled at 850-1000 rpm on the stock fpr

Great! Thank you so much for explaining the reason to upgrade an FPR. That takes care of other questions I had too. Thanks again.

Back