1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Pressure Regulators

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by newb, Apr 23, 2008.

1. newb

newb phresh VIP

Ok I dont like posting this in the Forced Induction forum, but theres no "Fueling" area and my project is boosted, so here I am. My question is what are your impressions of the Aeromotive FPR's? I see ppl runnin Vortech and B&M most commonly, but I like the Aeromotive units and want to know why they're not more popular than they are. Im lookin to run a standard FPR, not a "Fuel Management Unit" that refrences boost to determine fuel pressure. Although, that was advice that was givin to me, and I know that not all advice is good advice, so if I should consider an "FMU" please let me know. I understand that Vortech and B&M are probably most common because they work good, but I know Aeromotive makes quality products and am curious as to why I dont see em more often. Thanks for any info.

2. t3t4delsol

t3t4delsol New Member

fmu are tricky, they come in different fuel ratios. 8to1, 10to1, 12to1 and so on, they are hard to tune efficiently. I would recommend getting a obd1 p28 if vtec, p06 if not vtec. get it chipped and get tuned by a professional using crome or uberdata. You have already spent a lot on your setup and tuning isn't something you want to cheap out on. Do it right the first time or you will be regretting it later when you need to rebuild your motor

3. newb

newb phresh VIP

I will be running a P-28 chipped with Crome, but how does that help me with an FPR? I understand that I can change my fuel maps, but thats with the duty cycle of the injectors, is it not? If so, wouldnt I still neep an FPR?

4. t3t4delsol

t3t4delsol New Member

if you getting tuned and you have larger injectors, your not going to need a fpr unless you running over 350hp your stockers good to that.

You spoke about a fuel management unit aka fmu, it is another cheaper form of tuning but very unsafe

5. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

Nah, you don't need an FPR or an FMU, that is as long as you have larger injectors and a tunable chipped ECU.

6. newb

newb phresh VIP

Ok, thanks for the info. What happens over 350hp? does the stock one start to give irratic pressures, or can it just not flow enough?

7. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

i see 0 reason to upgrade it.

8. newb

newb phresh VIP

Lets say I end up in the high 400, low 500 horse power area, still no need to upgrade?

9. Briansol

probably not.

i put 38psi through a t67 on the stock FPR.... for 1 pull (ooops :D)

10. Briansol

the time to upgrade it comes when you have large enough injectors that you can't idle at stock fpr due to their opening cycles.
    then, you need an adjustable one to raise the rail pressure a little bit to compensate for it.

i had 750's, 860's cc injectors and never had a problem with 700 rpm idle.
    i know plenty of people who ran 1000cc and ideled at 850-1000 rpm on the stock fpr

1 person likes this.
  11. newb

newb phresh VIP

Great! Thank you so much for explaining the reason to upgrade an FPR. That takes care of other questions I had too. Thanks again.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted