Fuel Pump for ITR Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

My tuner shop is telling me I need to upgrade my fuel pump from my DX stock pump. What is a good one to go with or the best one to go with? Do I really need this upgrade? And is the gas tank heavy? Would a 15 gal. fuel cell under the car be a good choice? I don't want a small cell because I may road race in the future.
Are there any other upgrades you guys can think of that may help...other than the basic bolt ons. Like radiator? Got the stock DX unit and don't know what would be a good upgrade. Any thoughts would be great.

I'm pretty sure the Si radiator is the same as the dx, so you should not have to upgrade it for anything but looks, As for the fuel pump, if you can use the stock fuel pump on turboed d16s, I wouldn't worry too much about upgrading the stock units. If anything, just go get the ITR unit or the si unit, and switch the old one out. The gas tank is made of plastic, so the only really heavy thing about it is if it's full. I wouldn't worry about a fuel cell, unless you just want one, it is necessary at all, unless the racing series you want to enter requires that extra safety measure.

Yea, I am using the VX fuel pump on my B16A, and most people I talk to have used their stock pump. It is good for quite a bit more Hp then the stock motor.

And I ran the VX radiator on the B16A for a while too, till the thermostat died, then I replaced everything :)

it does, but I have always upgraded it, to a walboro.

radiator, well if you want to upgrade, go wtih the del sol dual core radiator

im using a walbro for mine... it ran fine with the stock pump though... then the pump died... so i upgraded

im using a fluidyne radiator.... car runs at the same temperature whether im driving around town normally or romping the hell out of it for 30 minutes at an HPDE
never tried it with the stock radiator so i cant tell you how it does with that

Back