fuel pump frustration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Uncle Buck

JDMDecals.com guru
ok i was just gonna PM Brutel but he wants to be an ass and say keep it in the forums to help everyone else out lol jk bud..

ok here is my issue..... i sold my 90 B16 swapped integra (obd0) to a good friend of mine.... he daily drove the car just fine for several months and just before he left to serve our wonderful country over in Iraq the damn clutch pedal broke on him...and now all of a sudden the car wont start..... the main relay checked out ok.... so i pulled the rear seat out (thinking the fuel pump was right there with the float mechinism) but of coarse to my surprise it wasnt..... so the next route i chose to see if the pump was shot, i pulled the inlet line into the fuel filter and cranked the motor and no fuel....

so ya i pretty much came to the conclusion the fuel pump must be indeed shot.... so does anyone have any tips of the trade to drop the fuel tank or even swap out the pump the easiest way.... it just seems to be my luck since the tank is still full:mad:

thanks.... the only thing that was honestly stressing me so much is draining the gas... i hate that!!! lol...

i guess i was worried about fuel filler hose and binding.... but i guess it will be easier then id thought....

last thing.... i plan on boosting this car later on.... so could i honestly drop in a Walbro 255 and still drive the car till its boosted and not worry about anything? or will that be a lil over kill on the stock setup??

Back