Fuel Pump not coming on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am near the end of my swap (94 Ls into 95 civic) well we took out the fuel pump to sypher the gas out of it because it was 9 months old. well we put everything back together and the fuel pump cut on at first then it doesnt anymore. i tested the lines to the fuel pump and only one wire would give a slight charge to the tester. so what could be my problem?

did you hook the wires up correctly? and did you check the fuse? if you shorted it out the ecu could be toast

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 9 2005, 02:24 PM
did you hook the wires up correctly? and did you check the fuse? if you shorted it out the ecu could be toast
[post=443368]Quoted post[/post]​

could always go for the old tapping the bottom of the gas tank! :D

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 9 2005, 11:24 AM
[post=443368]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: my GUess would be the fuse.

i had the same prob with my 91 rex,
i followed the harness and found there was a broken wire in the going to the fuel pump that had been grounding against the door sill. If all else fails go to the wiring, is the pump good? ive had several of those die on me.

i hope its the fuse. i havent tested the pump yet been busy workin. is the fuse with the rest of the fuses because homeboy that i bought the car from had taken the cover so i dont kno what each fuse is right now

yeah it is,i dont know which one but check them all and if ones broke well uhh theres ur answer

ok i checked every fuse and none are blown, what about the fuel pump relay where is that located? i'm gonna go check the wires and connections now.

Back