1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel pump problems?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Shaaaft, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Shaaaft

Shaaaft New Member

I believe I need a new fuel pump and I'm not entirely sure on which kind to get. I know it's under the back seat but the car is parked somewhere else and I haven't had time to play with it.

Can I buy the pump at like advanced auto or something? Someone please post a link. I tried to research what I could but I can't find a sure answer.

2. Shaaaft

Shaaaft New Member

Sorry about the double post but it's a 95 civic coupe EX with a B18C1. Money isn't a problem as long as I can buy it in a store.

3. ZCpowerdSI

ZCpowerdSI New Member

Why don't you look on eBay?

4. suspendedHatch

suspendedHatch audio/security

What makes you think you need a fuel pump? I see so many posts from people that say "I replaced the fuel pump but it didn't solve the problem."

5. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

Check the Main Relay first. With these older Honda's, 90% of the time when you get a no fuel pressure condition, the culprit is a bad main relay. When you turn the key to "ON" (without cranking the engine), you should here the fuel pump hum for a second or 2 as it primes.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted