funky noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StarBellieAngel

after doing the axle replacement... it ran perfect. now, today, i got to my destination and when i'd accelerate, it was almost like a flat tire felt... but wasn't. you can feel a slight thump in the gas pedal, and you can hear it. i'm not sure what it is, or what to look for, but my assumption is it's something to do with the front end... anyone have this problem too?

:shrug2:

Could be a number of things....did you tighten all the lugs? Double-check all of the suspension connections, and check to make sure that the CV nut is properly torqued.

Also, could be a bum shaft. I've never heard of that happening, but maybe the shaft wasn't properly rebuilt.

we took out the good axle from the other integra (passenger side) and installed it. it wasn't doing it for the past 3 days we drove on it, so i'll cehck to make sure everything is torqued. :)

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Feb 9 2005, 01:33 PM
we took out the good axle from the other integra (passenger side) and installed it. it wasn't doing it for the past 3 days we drove on it, so i'll cehck to make sure everything is torqued. :)
[post=458598]Quoted post[/post]​

How are your motor mounts. Mine went bad, caused the thump you are talking about when starting off in first.

Back