Fuse Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darwins_vtech

I have a 93 EX w/ JDM B16 swap, I used the EX harness and just added the knock sensor. I am running the P30 ECU. I have been driving it for 2 months, now all off a sudden I blow and ECU fuse twice in one day. The First time- I went all the way through first gear(shifted at 8,000) then as I grabed a good second the motor died in the middle of spinning the tires. The check engine light went on and then I pulled over and figured it out after about an hour. I tried to check the code but nothing would come up, the light stayed on and I got fustrated. I called my buddy who is a Honda Tech and he told me to check the fuses. I got the fuse changed and it all worked fine.

About 3 hours later. I pull out and go to get on it in first gear and as soon as it hits v-tec the fuse blew again and the car shut off again. I switched it yet another time and then drove nice the rest of the way home. I haven;t beat on it to much since then.

I was wondering if anyone has ever run into this or was this just a bad day for me. the only electrical wiring that I have done was put in an alarm which works fine, but the shock sensor that I have mounted is mounted to the wires right above the ECU. Would electric pulses from this have anything to do with the blowing of the fuse for the ECU? Any help is wonderful.

Darin

Back