Future Build help me out.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wolfdawg2

Wolf dawg
My friend just just picked up a d15z1. Vtec-E What did it come out of and is the head the same as a d16z6? He is keeping the head and giving me the block. I am looking to build me a turbo motor with all stock parts I was just wondering what would be the best block rods pistons and head to use d16z6,16a or y8? I am using a dsm TDO5 14b and 450cc injectors out of dsm. Also Is there any thing I can use out of the d15z1 like the pistons look like they would be good to lower my compreshon for boost. They have the number p07. Also what stroke dose the z1 have? The same as a z6 or is just like a nomal 1.5? Some one told me to use LS rod. What year car and also what would need to be done to make them fit or should I just use stock rods out of a d16 or y8 or some thing. Any info would help. Thanks for looking Wolfy:rolleyes:

Last edited:
z1 is out of the vx.

its VTEC-E.

the head is not the same as a z6.

ls rods won't work in a d-series.

your best bet is to just pick up an entire z6 or y8 longblock

hey hey

What is the diff on the head to a z6 or y8. Also some one told me Ls rods or b16 rods are the same length but they need some machine shop work to fit. I don't know any thing on that just asking. Also what would be my best bet to put in the z6 or the y8? What is the diff on them like rod piston head every thing? I what the best d that I can get to turbo it. And what would need to be changed on the dizzy for the wires will it work if I just re pin the plug to my wiring 92 vtec wiring? And the pistons out of the VX are they any good? They look good to use to lower my compression for boost. That would help out a lot^_^

Also parts for sale https://hondaswap.com/parts-sale-trade-wanted/parts-sale-trade-99669/

Last edited:
well the y8 is obd2 where the z6 is obd1. and i think the y8 has a larger combustion chamber and maybe slightly larger valves then the z6 but all that for like 2 more horses

Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec! Vtec!

Hey

Sorry for the spelling on vtec. Do you have any info????????????? If not don't right shit on my thread.

you could put a vtec head on the block you have now to make a mini me but you would be better off finding a d16y8 and building that. i bought a full y8 swap for $400 with everything in good condition so they are not that expensive.

hey

Do you know any one that knows any info on how to put in LS rods in to a d16/y8? Also are the vx pistons any good for lowing my compression for boost? I alredy had a d16 with a turbo runing 14psi on stock block with 20000mile on it. The only shitty part was my thermostat took a shit on me and the motor over heated and I spun a baring. PPL say you only should run 5-10psi I just what to make my stock bottom end a little stronger with stock parts. Thanks Wolfy:cool:

hey

Thanks for the help. Don't right on my thread if you don't have the info that I am looking for. :mad: And for your info ass I did say what turbo I am using on my car 14b off a 1g DSM and 450cc.

Last edited:
hey

Bet what???????? All I am asking is for LS rod in a d16/y8 info nothing more no tuning or any thing like that. For your info. I don't see you giving the info that I need.:p

Back