Gauge cluster+ indiglo guages= big problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
I bought a set of indiglo guages for my 95 si. I was tired of the black look but now i regret it. I installed them myself. I took off the dash cover. Took out the cluster. Took off the bezel. Then (here is where i am wondering what happened) I unscrewed the 6 screws around the faces. I slid the needle through the holes in the overlays and sat them in place. The tach works great, as well as the speedo and gas guage. But i noticed the hole was a little to tight around the temp. guage but i screwed it down anyway. Now all of a sudden my temp. guage doesnt work. So i figured that the temp guage is held in the same spot due to the tightness of the hole around the needle. So i take the overlay for the gas and temp. guage out and i cut the hole bigger around the temp guage. I place the overlay back in and screw it down. But the temp guage still doesnt work. So i dont know how to fix it. I think i need it recalibrated. But i also heard i can start my car on cold and move the needle to cold and maybe it will catch and work again. I dont want to buy a new guage cluster. It is hard to find a 5th gen usdm guage cluster for cheap and all the ones i find are dx ones with out the tach. i dont want a jdm one because i would hate to conert kmph to mph. Can anyone help me out. I really could use all the help i can get. And sorry for being so long i just have to be specific. And sorry if it is in the wrong forum but hey it will do. Again thanks for everyones help in advance. I am just so confused...:confused

The gas. speedo, and tach do but not the temp guage. This happened like a week ago and i think i need to get this fixed soon. What did u have in mind by asking that?

do like i did and re-wire the gas gauge as the temp gauge, and just watch your tripometer and your gas light to konw when you need a fillup.

i was thinking about that but my gas milage fluxuates(sp) and i m not sure when i need gas again. I could go 300 miles to a tank then next week 260. I dont know i m just stuck until i can find a new cluster. I found one for 50 bucks but it is from a dx. I need one from a si or a ex. So they said they would call but hey... If anyone wants to sell a 5th gen guage cluster feel free to post ot up... :D

If anyone cares... i have an update on my guage problem. I placed the needle on cold this morning and it seemed to move it self to where it shuld be. So i turned the car off at "warm" because i thought it worked. But went out like an hour ago and the needle was on "warm" and seemed to fall down to "cool" but it seemed to get caught and fall alittle as it feel more. Now it is almost at cold. I m going to let the car cool off and try it again. And again if anyone else has any suggestions or know of where i can get this fixed feel free to post. i will try almost anything.

I fixed it today. I had to buy a automatic ex cluster luckly from a junk yard for 20 bucks and just replaced the gas/temp guage. 3 screws took it out and that solved my dilema. Thanks for the help.

Back