1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gauges

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by brian11to1, Nov 13, 2003.

1. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

I am going to invest in some guages to keep track of teh engines vitals, these are the brands I am considering:

VDO
    Auto Meter
    Apex-i

the gauges I decided I need are as follows: Water and Oil Temp, Oil and Fuel Pressure and a Air Fuel Ratio...

Another question is electrical or mechanical gauges which are more accurate and easy to install?

2. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Hello anyone? With anyone's assistance I just figured to go with Auto Meter so here is my Shopping Cart. What do you think?

3. saturn_boy96

saturn_boy96 88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R

your shopping cart is contained in a "cookie" in your computer so we can't see it. just list what you are looking at with the sizes and prices.

autometer makes good gauges. IMO

4. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

a/f guage is pretty useless man, They only read correctly for a single "ideal" a/f ratio.

5. mwasnp

mwasnp Senior Member

rather than invest a bunch of time and money into gauges get more performance parts and pay for good tuning. You will be much happier in the end unless you are doing it to CONVINCE people your car is faster than it is...

6. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

um no not doing it to convince anyone... I want the gauges to keep track of various functions... so what youa re saying is B wasted all that time and money on the guages he bought for his del sol to convince people it is faster than it actually is?

7. saturn_boy96

saturn_boy96 88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R

dude, just post what you planned to buy, let the noob bask in his stupid ignorance...

8. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

:concur:... fucktard N00b's

9. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

I think some people in another thread said that apex-i is a good accurate gauge. I honestly don't think you need them unless ur car is boosted.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted