gear hard to put in 5th or reverse

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

infamouz

stock b18 into a crx with stock transmission lsd. im kind of finding it hard to put my car into 5th or reverse. its like when i think its in reverse its actually in 4th, and when i think im in 5th im actually in third. Do any of you know on how to solve this. my gears on 1-4 grab good, but everytime i try to go in 5th or reverse it really bothers me. any advice on what it might be, and how much it might cost to fix if i gave this description to a mechanic. -infamouz- :)

everyone's syncros are goin bad at the same time it seems. My bet would be your syncros. if you push the clutch in twice, and try to get your revs where they should be in that gear, it helps.

I drove a car without a clutch (except to get it started...for some reason it would let me idle at a stop light....still havent figured that out) for about a week. its an interesting experience, but if you learn how to rev match, its not too difficult to drive without the help of syncros.

It sounds like your Reverse/5th gear sleeve set needs to be replaced. Its around 200$ and includes new synchronizer rings. Email Gearspeed for quote. Easy to install.

91 ls teg engine. any of you know how much a transmission costs? i figured i might as well get a used one.

Back