Genealogy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

how much did the membership cost you? i just checked it out and it offers 3 days free, but doesn't give a price for anything after that.

Coat of Arms are expensive if you chose to purchase them...My father bought one from some place when I was little, and he paid well over $100 for his, and it wasn't even framed...

Post pics if you end up getting it tattooed...that should be an interesting one.

And dont just go get it done.. You'd better verify it first. Ancestory.com is not even a little bit accurate.

be careful with those coats.

my dad is big into this subject.... he spends about 3 hours a day researching.

he bought a coat in the mid 90s from some place....
and about 5 years later, after much more research, he discovered that it wasn't remotely accurate.

my mom has been doing that for the last few years...she's found that I'm related to some William Clark...some guy that sold alchole to the natives and got busted, and that my fathers side is from mid evil england and my moms side got traced back to East Prussia....and that I have other kinfolk buried in CT.

And I'm the last Pace. Gene wise. My nad's are the last nads to carry on the name, and my wife doesn't want and prolly can't have kids. The buck stops here.... :(

I'll type up something when I find the file cabnets my mom sent me on this stuff...

Sam Bass is my great great blah blah blah blah grandfather. He was one of the old western crooks. He mostly stole horses, but he did rob a few trains and stage coaches, and a sprinkling of banks, one of which cost him his life.

england.jpg

shim.gif

formby Origin: English

Coat of Arms: A silver shield with a red lion rampant, and on a blue chief, a pair of doves.

Crest: Description not available

Motto: Semper fidelis.

Motto Translated: Always faithful.

shim.gif

formby Origin: English

Spelling variations of this family name include: Formby, Formbey, Formbie, Fornby and others.
First found in Lancashire where they were anciently seated as Lords of the Manor.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Mary Formby, who arrived in Virginia in 1680; and Thomas Formby, who arrived in New York in 1831.

Back