geting a 93 delsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecDelsol

ok my aunt has a 93 del sol with a 1.6 vtec auto. it has already has some get up and go to it but my ? is is it good to motify a auto? i plane on get and CAI, Exhaust, header, UDP. anything else i could do for more power? Goin to go from auto to man some day just dont know when and what i would need besides trans, pedals, flywheel and clutch.

Your pretty much limited when it comes to power and a automatic d16z6 -_-

Upgrading from the stock header, intake, & exhaust is a good idea, but after a while you will want more power.

Starting from the firewall this is what you need to swap from auto to manual.

- Manual Brake & Clutch pedals
- Clutch Master Cylinder
- The clutch fluid line that runs from the master cylinder to the slave clinder.
- Manual Tranny which should include (VSS, Manual Starter, Clutch, Pressure Plate, Manual Flywheel, Slave Cylinder)
- Need manual transmission mount
- del Sol shift linkage from any 93-97 S or Si model.
- Manual OBD1 P28 ECU (Or I believe you can have yours chipped)

I think I'm missing a few stuff, but that's most of the parts you will need.

If you could find a crashed del Sol to use as a donor that would be much easier than piecing parts together.

alright thanks iBoom. its gunna be pricey but ill get it all together then do it all in one day or weekend. so far im happy with it. needs a new therastat i think cuz hardley any heat out of vents and gauge moves when sitting.

It aint to pricey if you source your parts right. As far as the tranny mount I think you ave to get a conversion mount might be wrong though. Best thing to do is find a pick and pull and get all your parts from a wrecked car. Everything will bolt right in as the studs and holes are already there for it all. I think the wires for the clutch pressure switch is already there too.

You will probably need to swap that tranny sooner than later. If you start modifying the intake/exhaust and driving around with a heavy foot that auto will destroy itself. Older honda automatics are garbage on stock card, I replace them all the time at work.

As far as your temp gauge wandering and no heat in the vents, you should check the coolant level in the radiator. Sounds like it is low on coolant/has air in the cooling system. check it cold before you drive it again, you could hurt the engine if your low on coolant

fixed the heat prob. bad T-stat. everything is cool now. Now im startn to look for parts and stuff for the swap.

Back