getting a new car....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lowandslow

OK, it all started saturday; i went up to oklahoma city to find a car. found a 92 Si prelude. mint body, 119k no rust clean interior ran awesome, sat down and got everything all figured out, which was a task in itself explaining shit 3 different times to ben the pakistani behind the desk. when all is said and done, i pull out my check book to write a 2k down payment, when he stops me and says they only accept cash down payments. usually i dont carry 2,000 dollars around with me, and this day was no different. so i leave, work all day sunday and all this morning getting 2k in cash from my bank back home in maine. i go back up this afternoon and start where we left off. i sign shit and get everything squared away, pay him and ask for the title and bill of sale. he says i cant have either, and he'll mail the title after i make my second payment. WTF, i call my insurance agent and he wants to talk to ben the pakistani. at the same time ben calls his book keeper, we'll call her julie, and she wants to talk to me. right off the bat shes giving me a im the boss attitude, she needs my work phone number and 3 local references. oh, okay let me work on it i say. NOW she says, or i'll make it so u cant buy a car in the whole city. so i start raising my voice and giving her an attitude back. she says put ben back on the phone, i say hes on the phone with my insurance agent hold on a minute. that goes on for a couple minutes, with escalating aggression. ben gets back on the phone and i go out for a cigarette. he comes out and gets me and says we cant sell u the car heres ur money back. i ask why, apparently all of a sudden after i give the book keeper attitude i need a family member and 3 friends living in oklahoma city. i ask ben is this normal, he says all the time...and i say with force and anger "well why the fuck didnt u say anything before, all of a sudden it matters after i piss off ur book keeper?" i get mad and holler and swear, im sure he cant understand anyways, for a good 10 minutes. i take my money and leave.

now, im pretty sure your entitled to a bill of sale and a title when u purchase a car. and just because this book keeper doesnt like me she cops out some excuse so i cant buy it? is this something i can take to the better business bearue? this guy was trying to fuck me, i wanna try to fuck him. im not mad about the car, i just wanna give ben a hard time, and maybe get this prelude for a much better deal.

Originally posted by lowandslow@Mar 14 2005, 08:52 PM
NOW she says, or i'll make it so u cant buy a car in the whole city. so i start raising my voice and giving her an attitude back. she says put ben back on the phone, i say hes on the phone with my insurance agent hold on a minute. that goes on for a couple minutes, with escalating aggression. ben gets back on the phone and i go out for a cigarette. he comes out and gets me and says we cant sell u the car heres ur money back.
[post=473543]Quoted post[/post]​

The bookkeeper says "You can't buy a car in the whole city?" Oh fuck that, I have broken bones for lesser threats.

Lemme tell you, I've negotiated a few Ferrari sales, and some other high-end rare shit. No one would stand for this shit. If these people are playing you because you're young, and this is a Honda - Just walk away. You owe them nothing - Not even an explanation.

However, next time you should have the money at the moment of the sale. I wouldn't even give you the time of day after you mentioned anything about "Next week".

When I sold my MR2 recently, while I sold it to an upstanding, and really nice guy, I didn't even bother with the deposit he offered to leave on the car. Deposits are for car-dealers, not private sales. If you can't pay the asking price, don't even show up - I've always said that. When you get there, if you want to negotiate that's fine - But not because you can't afford what he's asking. I've had people yank my chain so much that I've thought of nice ways to get money from people BEFORE the test drive. (Now I'll drive the car fast for them, let them drive it respectably, and then I'll let them thrash it around after I have cash in hand)

-> Steve

Ultimately, you're going through shit for a Honda, and that's not right. You don't go through this much shit buying a Jaguar from a Jew.

i didnt even bother to test drive my 92 civic before i bought it.

with 42k on the odometer, there wasnt anything wrong with it i was sure. and i was right.

If the car still had remaining payments on it, then you wouldnt receive the title. Especially if you were paying this dealership directly or through a bank. Since they technically own the vehicle. It is yours and only yours when you own it outright.

:werd:

you are not obligated to get the title till you own the car...

he was prob going to submit it to DMV with a certificate of lien...
so the title comes back with a lien holder on it...
then once your debt is paid off, you get a clean title with no liens...

alright, well i never bought a car from a dealer...so ive always had a title. i didnt know how it worked, but thats not really the point here...its the fact that "all of a sudden" i needed a family member and friends living in oklahoma city to purchase the car; only after i treated the book keeper like she treated me, she came up with some cop out excuse to keep me from geting the car cuz she doesnt like me. ill find another car no worries, but the bitch pissed me off and im gonna see what i can do. and if any of you were with me at he dealer and saw the salesman and got the vibe from the place..you'd think the same thing as me. every other thing he was talking pakastani to his brother and shit..i would ask him whats up, he'd shake his head and shit 'nothing my friend, nothing' and he wouldnt give me any proof of the transaction, not even a copy of the bill of sale. i dont know

sounds to me like you're better off not dealing with them anyway...

you can try better business bureau?

or if you really wanna fuck with them call immigration...

if you really really wanna fuck with them call the dept of homeland security...
can you say enemy combatant?
problem solved...

and find out who the bookkeeper is...
then take appropriate measures...
such as calling her on march 15th, today
which is a tax deadline
then consume hours of her time on the phone...

are you serious? was this a dealership? Shit i'd call BBB and then sue for descrimination just to piss them off.
Then you can buy a car ANYWHERE cash! lol

there are many

april 15th is personal income tax

march 15th is corporate income tax

april 15th is also partnership income tax...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 15 2005, 12:01 PM
sounds to me like you're better off not dealing with them anyway...

you can try better business bureau?

or if you really wanna fuck with them call immigration...

if you really really wanna fuck with them call the dept of homeland security...
can you say enemy combatant?
problem solved...

and find out who the bookkeeper is...
then take appropriate measures...
such as calling her on march 15th, today
which is a tax deadline
then consume hours of her time on the phone...
[post=473770]Quoted post[/post]​

right, after all was said and done and i was leaving the dealership i thought i was better off with the way things turned out. who knows the kind of bullshit this fucker could pull 2 or 3 months down the road. i was gonna try bbb, just to give the dealership a hard time cuz im an asshole. maybe get a car of a settlement or some shit :shrug2:

Back