Getting a new truck!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Frankie P.

I am going to buy a new truck soon, and I was wondering what I should get. I don't want brand new, but 97-2001 somewhere in that range. I will be using to tow some stuff, but other than that, nothing that will "hurt" the car. I was thinking of a Silverado 1500 Extended cab, I like the older lights more than the new ones. Maybe a Dodge Ram Sport that my gf saw on her way home yesterday, it was lifted, nice paint job, newer 2000 or so, and was only $8000. Don't know the mileage. Anyway, I definetly thinking of lifting it, supercharger, also little mods like clear corners, tinted windows, stuff like that, so what do you guys think the best truck would be. BTW, I am even thinking about small trucks, shit, if I can find a cheap Typhoon/Cyclone I will pick one of those bad boys up.

get a toyota tacoma. they look badass and TuRD makes a sc kit for em. needless to say toytas run forever and a day and they look sweet with a lift. the only thing their lacking is interior, its kind of bland but im sure you can help that out.
OR if you are stuck on a fullsize i suggest a tundra or if going domestic get a powerstroke with propane -=]

Ive owned like 3 toyota pickups, the 22r motor is super reliable and runs forever, ive seen them with 300+k quite often but there rusted to hell, mostly being cause im from wisconsin and winters+buttloads of salt=rust

get a dually and lower it. since they come with helper air bags on the ass end, you will still be able to pull stuff with it. all you do is air up the ass end, attach your trailor and ride on. besides...lowered duallys are badass!!

s3f7c363983d74.jpg

s3f7c36b13d0af.jpg

this one was sitting at a dealership here in Fort Wayne, Indiana and they wanted $15,900 or it. it was really clean. new paint, nice interior...really sweet looking.

I will look into a Toyota, but no Dualey, can't stand them. Also, I am not into dropping full sized trucks, just like I don't like lifted pick-ups. I do like a rare few, but for the most part I don't.

how about a nice s-10 pickup? my dad had a 98 with the 4.3 in it... he S/Ced it and put adjustable air shocks in for towing. 56k miles and not one problem.

last night he traded it for an 02 s-10 extreme, same color and its down the street getting the S/C put on it. same 4.3 engine. 2k miles. :D

both models are RWD though. not 4WD.

I had a 98 s-10 ex. cab, 2wd, 4.3, 3/4 drop, JET odometer recalibrator/ governer elimimater/ shift kit, and I didnt really like it, shitty MPG, wheel bearing going out and causing like $1000 worth of damage, and alignment issues all with less than 49k on it.

Unless you guys are willing to take payments, then I can't take those cars. I am leaving for the dealerships in about a half hour, see what size down payment I will need, and go from there. I wouldn't mind getting an extreme, but they are pretty hard to find, used.

na man, lifted ownz J00. toyota tacoma's are well worth the pricetag, and with a few simple mods then can run fast and run over anything in their path.

Well, went to three dealerships, test drove a few, and fell in love with a 98 V6 Ford Ranger, extended cab. Very clean, only 50,000 miles, and only 10 grand. Only thing it doesn't come with is power windows and locks, no big deal. I can get it financed at 8% which is pretty good considering I have never bought anything major, and first time car buyer, finance anyway. Payments would be $250/mo. at $1000 down. It is black, big tires, 4 wheel drive, I am actually thinking about raising it, I ususally don't like it, but since the tires are oversized I like the ride height. Should I do it, or keep looking.

Note: I also saw a Dodge Dakota for $12,000, V8, extended cab, 36,000 miles. Not a fan of the body style though.

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Oct 2 2003, 10:42 AM
how about a nice s-10 pickup? my dad had a 98 with the 4.3 in it... he S/Ced it and put adjustable air shocks in for towing. 56k miles and not one problem.

last night he traded it for an 02 s-10 extreme, same color and its down the street getting the S/C put on it. same 4.3 engine. 2k miles. :D

Which s/c did he go with? I want to s/c my truck. Fuck turboing the crx.

Originally posted by Jeef+Oct 2 2003, 06:14 PM-->
Green92HatchDX
@Oct 2 2003, 10:42 AM

id go with vortech, i was looking into them when i had my s-10 and that was what i was planning on getting til i sold it. i believe ati might have one out for the 4.3's now to.

if id buy a ford truck it would have to be a power stroke, there gas motors get shitty mpg and t i had the one ford f-150 i had went through like 4 sets of front lock outs and this was a 2 yr old truck.

Originally posted by xyswany+Oct 2 2003, 07:17 PM-->
Originally posted by Jeef@Oct 2 2003, 06:14 PM
Green92HatchDX
@Oct 2 2003, 10:42 AM

last night he traded it for an 02 s-10 extreme, same color and its down the street getting the S/C put on it.  same 4.3 engine.  2k miles.  :D

id go with vortech, i was looking into them when i had my s-10 and that was what i was planning on getting til i sold it. i believe ati might have one out for the 4.3's now to.

he had the vortech.

Seeing that extreme makes me want to sell the crx and go out and buy one. I love the stanard cabwith the regular bed. What year is it?

Back