getting a whiff of burnt oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JimJewy

I got a 99 ex with only 30k on it. When i let of the gas i get a huge whiff of oil. No smoke though. WTF? I want to do a swap in the new year but should i be really worried? I have a 400 mile trip at christmas.

I had the same problem on mine. I had breathers on the intake and valve cover. the one on the valve cover was steamin with hot oil. I just took it off and put the tube back on thats supposed to be there.

its probaly just oil being sucked past the rings from the high abount of vacuum that is created upon deceleration. so your rings are probly boing bad. but they souldnt be at 30k. also look for any leaks it may be driping on the exhaust and burning off.

do you drive the car hard? i mean like you are in a japanese touring car race.
d series engines have a tendency to create enough blow by to precent the oil from head to drain back down thru the engine. when this occurs the bottom end becomes starved for oil, essentially burning whatever oil remains on the bottom.

how do you downshift? if you dont pop the gas before you throw it down a gear you can easily burn up rings.

Back