Getting closer to swapping.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erikespo

Well, Yesterday was beautiful outside. 55 degrees F. So I went out to start prepping my engine for the swap. It was still bolted to the auto tranny so i got it all unbolted and pulled off the tranny. bow i am left with an engine with a troque converter attached. I know how to get it off, but the crank won't turn.. How much force should be required to turn that puppy?

Any way.. I'm looking for a p28 and a obd0-obd1 conversion harness. if any can help PM me.

Also does anyone know where I can get a new plug (that connects to the wiring harness) for a distributor? the person that pulled the engine cut off the connector.

not to hard to remove torque converter - dont know how many lbs of torque but did myne w/o a breaker

jdmshit.com had the conversion harnesses the cheapest when i was looking for one, but somone on here was selling them cheaper... try searching?

i would put a socket and ratchet on the crank bolt and make sure the motor turns over before going ANY further...

siezed motor = no swap for you...

and you can post in the classifieds here for WTB, but i doubt anyone will have that plug laying around... go visit a junkyard...

What what car do you need the dizzy plug from I am hitting the junkyard this tomorrow

the engine is out of the car... I wanted to know how much torque it should take to turn the crankshaft. the bolts that hold the torque converter on are easy to take off but i cnt get the torque convertor to turn to get at the rest of the bolts. could this be a siezed engine?

i haven't tried any breaker bars to get it to turn

Well I know for a fact that it wasn't siezed because of over heating and stuff. It is from just sitting there. So I was doing some searching on google and I am just going to put some oil into the cylinders and work it for a while.

Originally posted by erikespo@Apr 2 2005, 08:59 AM
Well I know for a fact that it wasn't siezed because of over heating and stuff. It is from just sitting there. So I was doing some searching on google and I am just going to put some oil into the cylinders and work it for a while.
[post=481629]Quoted post[/post]​

wow..Good luck man....
anyways...55 degrees in WNY and sunny yesterday and day before...........NOW.....Go look outside...ITS FU*KING SNOWING... again damn it...... :(

haha shitty. In Long Island it's raining.

I know I have some obd0 Dizzy connectors.
I may have an obd1 connector.

If it's the obd1 do you need both?

Defenitly try to turn it over with a breaker bar.

Back