Getting new rims this summer...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

Right now i have some heavy 17" rims and this summer along with my turbo coming i would like to buy a set of 16" rims and am not too sure on what I want yet. I will buy a set or rota's but am not sure on the style or the color. Any opinions are apreciated. :worthy:
Also what kind of tires should i get? Just for driving some sort of performance summer tire... as of now i have the kumho ecsta 711 and they are ok.
This is my car as of last weekend, pics here.....
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/671425

I have a friend that is selling his 16x7 rota slips, they are steel gray with polished lip. They come with kuhmo 712's....i think there is one without a tire though... let me knwo if ya want to get in touch with him...

i love how you can't read, enlarge the picture and it says SOHC VTEC

i like the car bro, looks good. some good future plans in there too, hope it all comes together for ya. as for some wheels, i was looking for some 15-16's the other day and came accross a few 5zigen wheels i liked...heres the link wheels

some ugly ass wheels, but some good ones i thought. im quite partial to the bronze 5zigen fn01r-c's. there wheel tire packages, i know ur looking for a particular tire but i thought some of these might spark ur interest

they look nice, does anyone know how much they wiegh in 16" ?

*EDIT: nevermind they are too expencive for me lol

Im looking for more in the 700-750 range for rims/tires i will probably get rota's but am not sure what kind i want yet.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Mar 10 2005, 01:28 PM
Im looking for more in the 700-750 range for rims/tires i will probably get rota's but am not sure what kind i want yet.
[post=471745]Quoted post[/post]​

my friend is selling them for around 600-650 i think minus one tire...if your interetsed B)

I think im gonna plan on getting 16" bronze rota circuit 10's w/ 205/45R/16 tires, does anyone have any pictures of bronze rims on a black civic, i want to make sure it will look good, and i think ive seen it before but am not sure where.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Mar 11 2005, 10:03 PM
I think im gonna plan on getting 16" bronze rota circuit 10's w/ 205/45R/16 tires, does anyone have any pictures of bronze rims on a black civic, i want to make sure it will look good, and i think ive seen it before but am not sure where.
[post=472492]Quoted post[/post]​

you might wanna look into get 205/40's or 215/40's those are closer to the stock size...actually i belive 215/40 is the closest. Just my .02

do u know this would be on a civic? stock tire width is like 185 and i have 205 40r 17's on my car now, so wouldnt i get 45R on 16" rims?

check this out... tire calculator

Stock civic size is 175/70/13

A 215/40/16 tire: the speedo reads .6% to slow ie: when speedo reads 60 you're actually going 60.3 mph

A 205/40/16 tire: the speedo reads .8% to fast ie: when speedo reads 60 you're actually going 59.5 mph

Now if you use a 205/45/16 tire: the speedo reads 2.7% too slow ie: when speedo reads 60 you're actually going 61.6

So from this a 215/40/16 would be the closest/best to the original tire size. Now most people use 205/40's cuz there are a larger selection of tires. I have 205/40/16 on my wheels right now cuz the came with the tires and when they die i am gonna go to 215/40's for a larger footprint.. just my .02

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Mar 13 2005, 07:13 PM
also u know my stock tires are 14" ? 97 civic ex coupe
[post=473048]Quoted post[/post]​

okay, so just plug all you info into the calculator and find out what size tire is the closest to your stock size

Back