1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Promoted! (pow/mia Table)

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Capt. Orygun, May 9, 2003.

1. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

I just graduated last night, I'll be a NCO in about a month. Should be around an extra $400 a month all together once it's all said and done. Can you say B16A2/T??

[​IMG]

This is the POW/MIA Table.... it's very hard to look at one of these once you understand the meaning.

The table has been set for one, as we know none of our brothers will be with us
    The chair is turned away from the plate, as we cannot see the face of our guest
    The white table cloth represents the purity of a soldiers intent during combat
    The glass has been turned upside down, as we know our brothers will not be toasting with us
    The lemon on the plate represents the bitter fate that has befallen our comrades
    The yellow flowers represents the frinedships we have lost
    The red ribbon represents the blood they shed for our freedom
    The flage represents the country they we fighting for
    The salt represents all the tears that have been cried since they have been gone
    The bible represents god, who now watches over them
    And the 5 candles represent the conflicts where they were lost

[​IMG]

it's me, holding a beer (go figure). We ended up drinking till like two or so, then I had to leave

Anyway figured you guys would like to see the table. Remember, the people we should thank the most are the ones who can not hear our praise.

2. WetWilly

WetWilly Senior Member

kewl congratz man :beer:

3. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

It was crazy, a couple dayz ago we had this guest speaker from the Marine Corps. He was actually body bagged and toe tagged while he was still alive. We shared a few jokes about the C-130s (there famous for hauling marines/Special Forces). It's really strange to see what the military was once like. My father made $98 a month as an E-2 back in 68!!! And that would suck!

4. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

Congratulations man! :thumbsup: thanks for sharing that table. we sometimes need to be reminded of how precious our freedom really is.

5. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

My father, grandfather, mother, and grandmother were all in the air force at one point or another.

My grandfather took part in the relief efforts to drop supplies to the citizens of Berlin during and after the bombing raids of WW2, while my mom and grandmother were stationed I THINK on Great Britain. My Mom spoke German before she learned English, from the nursemaids....

When he was brought back, he used to do "wingtip" maneuvers over my grandmother's farm home in north mississippi... It was really funny. He'd drop notes in bottles with a parachute and my mom would run out to catch/find the bottle when she was young, and he'd tell them the day's events and if he's be home for dinner or not. We've still got a pile of the notes in storage. :)

RIP, Poppa. :(

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

You ass,you got it before me :( j/p CONGRATULATIONS.

7. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

I'll sew on in June! 3yrs and 5months, and 23 dayz. Not bad for E-5 eh??

8. xj0hnx

So the AF's SSG is a E5?,in the Army SSG is E6.What a TSGT,is that an E6 oin the AF?

9. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

yeah, technical sergeant, and the adverage time to make E-5 in the AF is like 7 yrs!!! you could say I'm a fast burner

10. xj0hnx

Damn seven years!?Average in the Army is 3-4,I've got three and will probably get it in a month or two

11. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

yeah the tests are really hard, about three hours work on close to 1,000 pages of material

12. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

This thread scares me, I enlisted for the Marines andgo to boot camp in January/February.. not sure which. But knowing that people will miss me if and when I die, is a good feeling for me. However I am only goig to be a Aviatiion Mechanic, if I make it outof bootCamp... Scarred... please support me all the way, I am fighting for you, ya know!

13. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

i rest my head down upon my pillow with great ease
    every night knowing my
    stock in 3 of the major oil companies
    shall continue to receive dividends.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

bahhh, you'l be fine. Just look at the picture of me holding the beer again, that should tell you what your career will be like, hold on a sec... (AFK) (got a beer), okay I'm back,

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! :D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted