Getting Promoted! (pow/mia Table)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
I just graduated last night, I'll be a NCO in about a month. Should be around an extra $400 a month all together once it's all said and done. Can you say B16A2/T??

s3ebc4cb183d6e.jpg

This is the POW/MIA Table.... it's very hard to look at one of these once you understand the meaning.

The table has been set for one, as we know none of our brothers will be with us
The chair is turned away from the plate, as we cannot see the face of our guest
The white table cloth represents the purity of a soldiers intent during combat
The glass has been turned upside down, as we know our brothers will not be toasting with us
The lemon on the plate represents the bitter fate that has befallen our comrades
The yellow flowers represents the frinedships we have lost
The red ribbon represents the blood they shed for our freedom
The flage represents the country they we fighting for
The salt represents all the tears that have been cried since they have been gone
The bible represents god, who now watches over them
And the 5 candles represent the conflicts where they were lost

s3ebc4c949eb1f.jpg

it's me, holding a beer (go figure). We ended up drinking till like two or so, then I had to leave

Anyway figured you guys would like to see the table. Remember, the people we should thank the most are the ones who can not hear our praise.

It was crazy, a couple dayz ago we had this guest speaker from the Marine Corps. He was actually body bagged and toe tagged while he was still alive. We shared a few jokes about the C-130s (there famous for hauling marines/Special Forces). It's really strange to see what the military was once like. My father made $98 a month as an E-2 back in 68!!! And that would suck!

Congratulations man! :thumbsup: thanks for sharing that table. we sometimes need to be reminded of how precious our freedom really is.

My father, grandfather, mother, and grandmother were all in the air force at one point or another.

My grandfather took part in the relief efforts to drop supplies to the citizens of Berlin during and after the bombing raids of WW2, while my mom and grandmother were stationed I THINK on Great Britain. My Mom spoke German before she learned English, from the nursemaids....

When he was brought back, he used to do "wingtip" maneuvers over my grandmother's farm home in north mississippi... It was really funny. He'd drop notes in bottles with a parachute and my mom would run out to catch/find the bottle when she was young, and he'd tell them the day's events and if he's be home for dinner or not. We've still got a pile of the notes in storage. :)

RIP, Poppa. :(

I'll sew on in June! 3yrs and 5months, and 23 dayz. Not bad for E-5 eh??

So the AF's SSG is a E5?,in the Army SSG is E6.What a TSGT,is that an E6 oin the AF?

yeah, technical sergeant, and the adverage time to make E-5 in the AF is like 7 yrs!!! you could say I'm a fast burner

Damn seven years!?Average in the Army is 3-4,I've got three and will probably get it in a month or two

This thread scares me, I enlisted for the Marines andgo to boot camp in January/February.. not sure which. But knowing that people will miss me if and when I die, is a good feeling for me. However I am only goig to be a Aviatiion Mechanic, if I make it outof bootCamp... Scarred... please support me all the way, I am fighting for you, ya know!

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@May 12 2003, 01:27 PM
I am fighting for you, ya know!

i rest my head down upon my pillow with great ease
every night knowing my
stock in 3 of the major oil companies
shall continue to receive dividends.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@May 12 2003, 01:27 PM
This thread scares me, I enlisted for the Marines andgo to boot camp in January/February.. not sure which. But knowing that people will miss me if and when I die, is a good feeling for me. However I am only goig to be a Aviatiion Mechanic, if I make it outof bootCamp... Scarred... please support me all the way, I am fighting for you, ya know!

bahhh, you'l be fine. Just look at the picture of me holding the beer again, that should tell you what your career will be like, hold on a sec... (AFK) (got a beer), okay I'm back,

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! :D

Back