getting rid of my rice b/s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
i have a 88 crx dx. i am selling everything from rims to body kit to hood and fenders. i want to build a street legal racecar. i want to run all motor and do like low 13s. i am sendeing the car out to get all the quarters replaced and all the rot taken care of. while thats in the shop im going to have them put in a roll bar. when the car gets back im going to start with the suspention on up, last is going to be the motor. that also includes a flip nose. my question is schould i buy a b20 b16 hybrid? i know you here this alot but im not worried about the money or time because i know this will take a while to complete. also schould i take the complete wirering harness and computer out and start new or do they sell adapters for my obd0 crx DX. i dont want to sound like an idiot thats not going to really complete this because it will the body work starts this week. any help will help including any other motor swap sugestions that will put out as much power as a b20 hybrid so can you guys please help? :worthy:

well dude, i think a b20/vtec is a lil overboard unless u want it badly, for low 13's u can get a b18c1, throw it in for under 4000, get i/h/e and run mid 13's. get cams and ur low 13's. or get a b16a, i/h/e cams lighten the flywheel and throw a small shot of nitrous on and ur in low 13's as well. i suggest either the b18c1 or b16a for ur swap, if ur that low on $$,get an LS slap on i/h/e and a 35-50 shot and ull be in the mid 13's no problem, get some crower 403's and some pistions and shoot for high 12's like me:)!

you CAN'T buy a b20/b16 hybrid. you have to build it, or find someone else who has already, and i wouldn't suggest that unless you know who built it and with what parts.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 12 2003, 02:15 AM
you CAN'T buy a b20/b16 hybrid. you have to build it, or find someone else who has already, and i wouldn't suggest that unless you know who built it and with what parts.

i agree completely, i keep seeing these people selling there ls/crvtec set ups, and i think that anyone even considering to buy these are crazy, and they always have some weird excuse like:
"oh...um... im planning on going all motor d15, the ls/vtec swap has become to much of a hassle, so im selling the complete swap down to every last nut and bolt you could possibly need and complete instructions that will have this in your car in less then a day, running with no problems"

Actually guys, there is a place in Florida that sells a "complete B20/VTEC swap
built the right way"
It doesn't have a price. I've tried to call, but can't get ahold of anyone.
I can't even find the stupid web address.
It was Lee's high tech trucks somethin'.
LHTperformance.com or something.
But yeah, they still have to build it.

i was thinking b20 beacause of the big power right away. i was looking at import builders for the motor. they are alittle expensive but i want it done the right way the first time.

also can i buy a motor from i/b like a b18c and tell them i want (for example)210 horse and they will make it?

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Aug 12 2003, 05:24 PM
also can i buy a motor from i/b like a b18c and tell them i want (for example)210 horse and they will make it?

If you've got the money, Import Builders will build you anything.
I think you can trust their product too.
Seems to have a good enough rep.
Expensive tho.
You get what you pay for.

I think you will be very happy with like a b16 or gsr swap but if you want the low end and top end ls/vtec is deff the way to go...everyone talks about using the b20 block but i think everyone underestimates the b18b block (ls integra) you can prolly get the motor, tranny, head, and ecu for around 1500-2500 depending on if you want a b16 or b18c1 or b18c5 head, then you gotta think about compression the pistons and you can use the ls rods....its just what you want...

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Aug 11 2003, 06:44 PM
i have a 88 crx dx. i am selling everything from rims to body kit to hood and fenders. i want to build a street legal racecar. i want to run all motor and do like low 13s.

how much are you selling the bodykit for? how bout rims?

the problem with my kit is i did not buy mine off ebay i bought mine from a shop in town and paid 820. i'd like to get 500 for the hole thing. invader side skirts and front and the back is vis make me an offer. i just want to get rid of it

Back