Getting work Done on Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OldEMaltLiQuoR

I just dropped off the car this morning @ my friends dads shop.

He's changing the water pump & timing belt for me. I can't wait man. He's also gonna try and find out what the fuck is causing the SRS light to go off. Turns out that repairs to SRS system can be crazy expensive. If thats the case I think I'm just gonna turn off the SRS.

I know what your'e all saying... "I'm a vag. for not doing it myself". But I just don't feel comfortable having my first proj. on the car be the timing belt. Plus I trust this guy. He's done all my other cars and he always cuts me a deal.

I can't wait to take the car out on the road after (road trip to Albany this weekend). Hopefully he'll have this shit ready by the end of today. I know this is gonna cost me a preety penny, but its worth it. After I finish paying this and xmass bills, i can start saving for a suspension upgrade.

Is there any break in procedure after getting new engine parts installed? or can I start reving all the way to 8000 right after i pick it up?

I know its for maintenance and not performance. But the engine has 115K mi on it, and I plan on using it till @least 250K. So i figured this should be the first thing I do. I've been staying away from making long trips (over 50miles) until i got this done.

Don't know what the tensioner is. Is this something that is generally changed when the timing belt is done? If so i'll make sure the ask him when he calls me w/ the estimate.

I agree, use all Acura/Honda OEM. BTW what part of Jersey are you from? Theres a guy with a white teg around my block but I dunno if he goes on here.

He used to watch me fuck around with the Prosche last winter, he thought it was the greatest thing when I would let the back end swing out around his turn. He'd stand at his window all the time and watch.

if you want the car to last dont beat on it.....because things will start to break... and you wont reach your gaol of 250k...

Originally posted by formby@Jan 11 2005, 12:38 PM
if you want the car to last dont beat on it.....because things will start to break... and you wont reach your gaol of 250k...
[post=444125]Quoted post[/post]​

So true... but there is a big difference in enjoying the vtec and handling qualities of a Honda... and really beating on a car. Making sure that the engine is warmed up before high revs, changing the oil on schedule, examining the CV boots, having good tires, avoiding potholes.... but those are just a few of the commonsense ways to take care of any car.

sounds right..i would also change the thermostat and do a complete fluid change...sparks plugs, fuel filter,use some sea foam (auto part store) cleaner and use an oem oil filter...it has a valve in it that holds pressure after you turn off the car...
ohh yeah have fun

Back