Give your Opinion on swapping OEM Throttle Bodies

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAFROG

Honda Minion
VIP
I have been told that all B-series throttle bodies are the same. But I have also been told that an H22 throttle body will work on a B16. Some say its better then OEM B-series TB's b/c of its larger size.

I am wondering what's your guys' take on this and whats the down side to an H22 TB set up on my JDM B16A. I have found one for sale with no TPS for $40...can probably negotiate.

not all b series tb are the same some are bigger than others, but unless you have supporting mods for the air flow, its over kill. its always a good rule to match the tb size with the intake manifold size

I figure the gains are minimum (b/c nothing to help support the increase of TB diameter)

But will it have negative effects?

Is the GSR the same size as a B16? 99-00 Si TB same as my OBD1 B16A? I need one and
just need to know what my options are.

most b-series throttle bodies are already 60mm... the only thing you'll get bigger is f20/22 (s2000) throttle body, or a Type R throttle body at 62mm... H-series is 60mm

what i'd do is send your existing 60mm into Maxbore, spend $100 and have it bored to 64mm

I was told that I had gen1 throttle body on my b16

I also read that the gen 1 is 2mm smaller then most other b-series TB
(58mm vs 60mm)

LS is 60mm....right? So I can throw that on my b16...this I understand but was hoping
someone could tell me if I need to adjust and tune the TPS if it was good to go on the LS
motor before? I figure they're all set to around .45v at idle so set is set and it should be a
straight switch over. I plan on throwing that LS I have or maybe a GSR one if I can get a hold of one.

i take it you dont have a MAP on top of the throttle body then... if not.. then yes.. its 58mm

out of all the throttle bodies i've swapped .. i've never messed w/ the TPS

Check to make sure the little white seal on the TPS screw hasn't been broken.

Buddies of mine have had bad experiences with swapped TPS sensors. (bad idleing, etc)

if your TPS goes, or has been compromised, it needs to be recalibrated. on the mitsus, the TPS is held on by screws,not rivet-like things. we use multimeters to get them back to spec. of course, the voltages are listed in the manual. that helps.

easiest way to remove the rivet is to take a dremel and make a little slot.. use a flathead screw driver and remove

Yes...sadly...when I was trying to figure out 1st gear bog....I thought it was the TPS (ended up being my lack of experience with lightened flywheels). I read up on the dremel for screws and such. My B16 TPS is a star head....not flat. But most USDM need a file or dremel to make a flat head screwdriver slot.

Its good to know that my LS throttle body on my B16 should be a simple swap over. Thanks guys!

i will sell you one off a h22 for 25$$ shipped. nothing wrong with it at all. pm me let me know

Back