GM and Ford to team together

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
saw this in todays newspaper. seems pretty interesting that 2 different car manufacturers are joing up to design a 6-speed auto tranny.

hmm six speeds.... yea thats a good idea..... 6speed.... ok if you cant make it work with 4 spds how the fuck do you expect to make a 6 work...... i drive a ford and guess what... it sucks... but then again so do GM's .... but ehh

SCREW AUTOS, MANUALS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Yeah, americans should learn to be more like europeans...when I was in Paris, I saw maybe 3 auto cars (I looked in the window of every parked car I walked by ie: 1000s). People there don't even want autos. They get worse gas milage and are no fun to drive :(.

Manual > Auto

And Mercedes is already running automatic SEVEN speeds. It'll be pretty damn funny if 7 speeds start popping up in Chrysler cars before Ford/GM can get their 6 out on the market.

:lmao:

very possible since mercedes and chrysler are all one now.

autos suck, i will never buy another car thats auto, unless its like a 7 series bmw or some cruising car, a full size truck, or a hot rod

Originally posted by senate_9427@Apr 21 2004, 01:51 AM

Exactly. I'd love to see Chrysler throw a 7 speed out there right when Ford/GM announce a car with a 6 speed auto.

Originally posted by Calesta+Apr 21 2004, 01:53 AM-->
senate_9427
@Apr 21 2004, 01:51 AM

Exactly. I'd love to see Chrysler throw a 7 speed out there right when Ford/GM announce a car with a 6 speed auto.

haha the newest fad will be chrysler town & country minivan 7 sp autos...top speed somewhere in the 190 mph range. :lol:

There's already people running Chrysler minivans in the 12s on the drag strip, why not 190mph at Bonneville?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

In snowy areas, like Northern US, most cars are standard transmissioned. In the US, it's tough for us to imagine most SUVs with a standard, but there models made with them.

-> Steve

The world’s two largest automakers said more than 1,100 jobs will be retained because of the partnership, including 250 in Ohio and the remainder in Michigan.

That's what I like to hear.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Apr 21 2004, 10:32 AM
The world’s two largest automakers said more than 1,100 jobs will be retained because of the partnership, including 250 in Ohio and the remainder in Michigan.

That's what I like to hear.

:werd:

Now is that jobs retained or created? Big difference...

Very very true. I don't think that auto manufacturing will go to India for a while though. Maybe ECU programming, but they're not going to build a dyno facility and ship cars there just to have cheaper labor program everything- I think the auto industry is a little too "old school" for that.

alot of american cars don't even come in manuals. It sucks. Manufactors should just start having "learn to drive Sticks lessons" at dealers so manufactors can sell more manuals. Would be cheaper (manuals last longer) increase fleet gas millage and just make more cars more apealing to drive.

my almost grilfriend stopped at mankato honda to buy a new car when she was looking she noticed not one was a manual, wait i forgot there was one a s2000. she ended up gettin a 96ex accord auto

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 21 2004, 02:24 AM
There's already people running Chrysler minivans in the 12s on the drag strip, why not 190mph at Bonneville?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

hehe, i drove my moms minivan to 116 once. had to be the scariest thing in the world too. :ph34r:

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Apr 21 2004, 02:55 PM-->
@Apr 21 2004, 02:03 PM
I think the auto industry is a little too "old school" for that.

lol... You'd be surprised...

Yeah I know... but setting up infrastructure for computer programmers is a LOT easier than setting up testing/production facilities on the scale that an auto manufacturer would need. Throwing computer guys out there is so much easier right now.

If the cost reduction is attractive enough later on (doubt it is now), then maybe they'll start shipping people over to India. Hopefully that won't happen.

Back