Go-Fast Mirage Part 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
my entire swap, laid out on the porch ready to go to the shop.

the plan for the 4g63 block
80 over bore (stock 4g64 bore)
4g64 forged wiseco hi-comp pistons
4g63 forged pauter rods
balance shaft removal kit
moroso baffled oil pan
ditch the 1g auto tensioner for a 2g one

discuss.

http://www.chrisswebdesign.net/talonporch/

I have that same pile of rusty shit at my house :)

Those pistons look like struck matches. What are they going to do with them ?

those are the old pistons. the new ones are much bigger. 193k on those parts. everything going in is NEW.

FWIW, the stock rod width is like... 3/4in wider than a B series one. the rods are massive. the turbo ones are even beefier.

its okay noah. just because i dont do things the same way everyone else does doesnt mean its wrong. :mrgreen:

no.. it just means your doing more work for less result... :blink:

go figure. my total cost is going to be cheaper than swapping in a stock 4g63t and im looking at ~60 more whp. and then you still have to spend a hundred or so for maintenance on that motor. everything on mine will be new :)

if i wanted to boost it in the future, it would only cost me a few hundred bucks. i would already be built to run lots of boost too :mrgreen:

more than that noah... :) im going full out on this motor. forged and lightened bottom end with hardore valvetrain. increased revv's and stuff. slap an NX direct injection kit and i should be over 300whp.

I would be highly surprised if that saw it to 300 hp. What you're talking about at that point is that your mods, performed by your inexperienced hands (Not an insult, it's the truth) is going to surpass the work of Formula 1 engineers. I don't think it will happen. 120 hp+ per liter ? Good luck with that.

Sure, it can be done, but not as cheaply / easily as you think. Cheap, easy or fast - Pick two.

The new motor that Jeff built has $10k in parts. We expect it to tickle 300 hp on a good day.

I think that after all of your plans are in, you'll see 200 hp. Not before.

Quoted post[/post]]
I would be highly surprised if that saw it to 300 hp. What you're talking about at that point is that your mods, performed by your inexperienced hands (Not an insult, it's the truth) is going to surpass the work of Formula 1 engineers. I don't think it will happen. 120 hp+ per liter ? Good luck with that.

Sure, it can be done, but not as cheaply / easily as you think. Cheap, easy or fast - Pick two.

The new motor that Jeff built has $10k in parts. We expect it to tickle 300 hp on a good day.

I think that after all of your plans are in, you'll see 200 hp. Not before.

Understandable :wink:

I was looking to spend ~1200 on the entire swap, and thats including to get it driveable. I'm more closer to ~2000 after what ive been buying :cry: planning and re-planning to buy better parts and then actually purchasing parts. so much money. neither the block or the head has hit the shop yet. if i had stuck to my original plan, i would have been about ~1800 driveable. tooo much money on a $800 car.

Didn't you, like all others here, buy the cheaper car so that you COULD put the money in it to get it to where you want it ?

Like with the NX2000. $500 for the car, will I balk when I spend $800 for wheels and tires ? heck no ! All these people come to me lately looking for a Civic "I love your car, and I want one" and I tell them, straight up, "You don't just find civics like mine. You get one for cheap, and invest some cash into it to make it what mine is". They get the $200-$800 Civic and then bitch about replacing a clutch for $200.

Back