Good and bad days

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
well today was a good day. Got paid, its saturday, i have monday off, had a good day at work. Good day... untill around 5:30. when my engine locked up. So looks like now i have to either rush my d15b rebuild or find another temp engine. What sucks even more. all my tools are locked up in the shop that I work at. So now i have to see if i can find my boss and get premission to do the swap either sunday or monday if I find an engine.

such a wonderful terrible day.

Last edited:
Ah that sucks. I'm there with ya. My lebaron may have just broke a piston.

I picked up a running d15b block and head for 50 bucks. But im rebuilding it so i dont have these problems of burning pistons, bad crank or rod bearings, or anything else. But when i got laid off in june. Money for the rebuild wasnt available anymore. And Plus on top of that. If I had the money to swap in a B18C spec R engine. then i would but really. im tired of seeing b18a1's swapped into civics. if your going to b18 it. go big.

Tomorrow im going to a junk yard to find a d series block, in which i ll pull my old engine, check it out, find out if its the head causing the lock, or the block it self. if its the head. well. i got a spare D15z1 head. ill just have to rig it for now. if its not the head. then i ll just put a block in. i have a head gasket, and timing belt already. so. eh.

Also. I posted up a week ago i was suppose to buy a complete D16Y5 block for 100.00 from a friend. I called him today when i had the money. He wanted to sell me just the block for 100. So im going to go to the junk yard and find just a block for 50.00.

I know I'm bumping this way old thread, but its mine to began with, and it leads off the original topic.

The 94 Civic is indeed running again, and "half" way painted. back and front bumper, plus the hood still need paint, I ran out of the lower half paint. So I'm going to paint the front and back gunmetal, then later the side skirts as well. Hood is just going to get the same paint thats on the top half.

The engine is a D15B7 block, with a P08-1 D15B Vtec head, a Comp Cam 256 cam, AEM timing gear, fidanza fly where, and ACT clutch. the purple fuel rail? just a painted stock fuel rail. Im hunting for a vtec harness and p28 ecu now. This car is showing some balls now. I want to finish it now.

heres pics.

before paint.

SANY0960.jpg

Int the paint booth.
SANY1265.jpg

SANY1254.jpg

SANY1253.jpg

Out of the booth
SANY1260.jpg

SANY1258.jpg

SANY1259.jpg

Engine.

SANY1256.jpg

SANY1264.jpg

SANY1265.jpg

Last edited:
is your o2 sensor unplugged or cut?

It looks like its unplugged in the last picture.

nevermind, i just realized you're looking for a harness for it.

Back