Good Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slipvayne

Is a d15b2 a better engine then the d15d. does it have vtec?thanx

d series is crap. no matter what. b16 it. anything you can do to a d, you can do the same to a b and get so much more from the motor. i.e. a turbo d will have around the power of a n/a b.

1st gen B16 should work nicely

do you have MPFI or DPFI ?
not too sure about the older models

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 5 2003, 06:31 PM
d series is crap. no matter what. b16 it. anything you can do to a d, you can do the same to a b and get so much more from the motor. i.e. a turbo d will have around the power of a n/a b.

A D16Z6 has more tq than a B16. Shit, A D16A6 with bolt ons has more torque than a B16 with I/E. Turboing a D series can get 200+ whp, let's see that out of a NA B16 spending the amount of money that you did on a nice turbo setup.

But the D15B nonvtec is crap, dump it for a D16Y8 or B16---err nix that. If you are going to spend 2300 on a swap, get a B18B, or for 700 more, get a B18C. B16 isn't worth the price unless the motor comes with the car.

i just found out today, my friend put a turbo b16a in his 86 Si CRX, the thing has ALOT of problems still, but my god does it rip. such a light car with a b16a is just fun, the torque that it lacks in the ef series is non existant, and its all fun from 1000RPM-8000RPM

hey sleeper, what troubles did he have putting that in. or did if fit right in. i would like to know cause i heard that the crx are almost like the hatchbacks engine wise.
thanx :kick:

Back