1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good flu medicines

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by K2e2vin, Dec 28, 2005.

1. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I somehow got the flu, I think from someone at work. I've tried DayQuil, NyQuil, some Nighttime generic medicine, and Sudafed. None of them work; last year all of those worked fine but I think I built an immunity to them or something. Any recommendations for good OTC medicines for flu? I'm pretty fucked: sore throat, fever, dizzines, nasal congestion, coughing and sneezing.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

maybe you have the bird fru?

go see a doctor man...

3. lswhitecivic

lswhitecivic Senior Member

Go to health food store and get vitamin c and echinacea root tablets. Take a vitamin c tablet and two echinacea tablets every 4-5 hours. Make sure you get a bottle that says echinacea root and not aerial parts. The aerial parts doesn't work at all, but thats what most places sell. Echinacea root is generally quite a bit more expensive than the aerial parts.

4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I dont have health insurance so I'm not going to the doctors. I didnt think anyone in the US has bird flu? Closes thing to a bird i've been next to was a chicken nugget.

I might do that. Does GNC or CVS carry those stuff? The closes health food-specific stores are across town.

5. lswhitecivic

Yeah they should have at least vitamin c, a lot of those places have echinacea but its not root. Just check and make sure.

6. Black Widow g2

Black Widow g2 *princess*

echinacea doesn't help against viruses. goldenseal and echinacea are for bactrerial infections, and even work against anthrax.

you need licorice root, cinnamon, and dandelion. there is a combination called VS-C that you can find on Nature's Sunshine's Website and if you need to, i have some here... i can send it out for like 10 bucks... which will save you money.

it doesn't taste like shit, in fact, it's quite good, but if you're looking for a quick fix, and don't want your body to rid itself of the problem... just relieving the discomfort of the symptoms, get some dimetapp or some shit.

7. CiViC_SOHC

CiViC_SOHC Senior Member

not to thread steal but I think I got the same thing..I have a waste basket full of tissues and my damn nose is still stuffed up!!!! I havn't tried anything yet though lol im a troopa!!! :p

8. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

2 sudafed cold, 2 tylenol severe cold, 2 asprin. youll be good to go for a few hours.

9. lswhitecivic

That stuff works awesome. My mom is a certified naturopathic physician and she always has that stuff on hand.

10. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

Ditto, but mine isnt filled with stuff from my nose.

11. Black Widow g2

Black Widow g2 *princess*

i learned all i know from a naturopathic doctor. :) i guess i was lucky to inherit all of her materials, and maybe one day, i'll do that in my spare time.

if it's the flu though, it's a virus, not bacterial. if anyone has bacteria, the viral formula won't help.

you can tell if it's bacterial easily. if the mucous is yellow... it's bacterial. if it's clear, you're getting better, but you're viral.

also, be careful, because you can have a virus and a bacterial infection as well. or, it can go from one to the other. don't ask me why or how, because i'm not sure exactly, but i know it does. :)

12. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

[​IMG]

13. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

TheraFlu is the SHIT. The lemon kind.

Drink a few cups of that shit with a shot of NyQuil, and prepare to sleep for a while.

14. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

my snot is white; it was never yellow. Before it was just clear; now its thicker and has white "membrane"... I also forgot to mention my ear is irritated like hell. feels itchy or something inside.

Also, i just threw up like a good pint of nothing but spit/mucus...after drinking 2 tablespoons of dayquil and a full glass of orange juice. this never happend before....

Do you accept paypal? Sounds delicious :)

I've tried TheruFlu; it only temporarily clear my nose...I hate the taste.

15. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

the hotter it is the better it tastes...
    and you can add honey when its real hot FTW

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted