Good flu medicines

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

I somehow got the flu, I think from someone at work. I've tried DayQuil, NyQuil, some Nighttime generic medicine, and Sudafed. None of them work; last year all of those worked fine but I think I built an immunity to them or something. Any recommendations for good OTC medicines for flu? I'm pretty fucked: sore throat, fever, dizzines, nasal congestion, coughing and sneezing.

Go to health food store and get vitamin c and echinacea root tablets. Take a vitamin c tablet and two echinacea tablets every 4-5 hours. Make sure you get a bottle that says echinacea root and not aerial parts. The aerial parts doesn't work at all, but thats what most places sell. Echinacea root is generally quite a bit more expensive than the aerial parts.

Quoted post[/post]]
maybe you have the bird fru?

go see a doctor man...

I dont have health insurance so I'm not going to the doctors. I didnt think anyone in the US has bird flu? Closes thing to a bird i've been next to was a chicken nugget.

Quoted post[/post]]
Go to health food store and get vitamin c and echinacea root tablets. Take a vitamin c tablet and two echinacea tablets every 4-5 hours. Make sure you get a bottle that says echinacea root and not aerial parts. The aerial parts doesn't work at all, but thats what most places sell. Echinacea root is generally quite a bit more expensive than the aerial parts.

I might do that. Does GNC or CVS carry those stuff? The closes health food-specific stores are across town.

Yeah they should have at least vitamin c, a lot of those places have echinacea but its not root. Just check and make sure.

echinacea doesn't help against viruses. goldenseal and echinacea are for bactrerial infections, and even work against anthrax.

you need licorice root, cinnamon, and dandelion. there is a combination called VS-C that you can find on Nature's Sunshine's Website and if you need to, i have some here... i can send it out for like 10 bucks... which will save you money.

it doesn't taste like shit, in fact, it's quite good, but if you're looking for a quick fix, and don't want your body to rid itself of the problem... just relieving the discomfort of the symptoms, get some dimetapp or some shit.

not to thread steal but I think I got the same thing..I have a waste basket full of tissues and my damn nose is still stuffed up!!!! I havn't tried anything yet though lol im a troopa!!! :p

Quoted post[/post]]
echinacea doesn't help against viruses. goldenseal and echinacea are for bactrerial infections, and even work against anthrax.

you need licorice root, cinnamon, and dandelion. there is a combination called VS-C that you can find on Nature's Sunshine's Website and if you need to, i have some here... i can send it out for like 10 bucks... which will save you money.

it doesn't taste like shit, in fact, it's quite good, but if you're looking for a quick fix, and don't want your body to rid itself of the problem... just relieving the discomfort of the symptoms, get some dimetapp or some shit.

That stuff works awesome. My mom is a certified naturopathic physician and she always has that stuff on hand.

Quoted post[/post]]
not to thread steal but I think I got the same thing..I have a waste basket full of tissues and my damn nose is still stuffed up!!!! I havn't tried anything yet though lol im a troopa!!! :p

Ditto, but mine isnt filled with stuff from my nose.

i learned all i know from a naturopathic doctor. :) i guess i was lucky to inherit all of her materials, and maybe one day, i'll do that in my spare time.

if it's the flu though, it's a virus, not bacterial. if anyone has bacteria, the viral formula won't help.

you can tell if it's bacterial easily. if the mucous is yellow... it's bacterial. if it's clear, you're getting better, but you're viral.

also, be careful, because you can have a virus and a bacterial infection as well. or, it can go from one to the other. don't ask me why or how, because i'm not sure exactly, but i know it does. :)

TheraFlu is the SHIT. The lemon kind.

Drink a few cups of that shit with a shot of NyQuil, and prepare to sleep for a while.

my snot is white; it was never yellow. Before it was just clear; now its thicker and has white "membrane"... I also forgot to mention my ear is irritated like hell. feels itchy or something inside.

Also, i just threw up like a good pint of nothing but spit/mucus...after drinking 2 tablespoons of dayquil and a full glass of orange juice. this never happend before....

Quoted post[/post]]

Do you accept paypal? Sounds delicious :)

I've tried TheruFlu; it only temporarily clear my nose...I hate the taste.

Back