Good Harness, Good Relay, No Start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gnarphantom

Hey guys I got a 91 Ef hatch that was shut off the other day, and now it won't start. Did main relay test and the harness test and both checked out good. I checked them with these following steps - Checking Main Relay, with pics!!! - Honda-Tech

Now this car is converted to OBD-1 and everything checks out, including the ignition, but suddenly the main relay wont turn on. Just to add more confusion the car is built and boosted but no wiring has been added except for the Phearable.net OBD-1 jumper harness. The Ecu is a chipped Hand Command ECU. I thought maybe the ecu was the problem so I plugged another one in but the main relay still wont turn on.

So I'm lost right now, I am checking grounds and continuity right now but does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Depending on where you abide, is your pos cable corroded inside the plastic covering? How bout that little fuse at the terminal on the battery?

Could it be the switch itself?
Pull the plastic covering off and get a small + screw driver in there and undo the switch from the housing, then use a larger + one to turn it clockwise and see if you have current to the main relay..
Starter bendix coming out and engaging the flywheel?
Try and bump the engine over in gear and see if it's got current to start that way. I know that isn't really fixing the situation, but hey if it's a start..

Pull the hazard fuse at the strut tower and maybe the +cable too.

Sorry, I really hate electrical problems, but those seem to narrow it down a little.

E

Back