1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Jdm Engine Supplier

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by steelbuster, Mar 1, 2003.

1. steelbuster

steelbuster Senior Member

My son has headed to Iraq (Major Bummer) and I am going to do an engine swap in his 89 Civic Si Hatchback. I have just about decided on the JDM B16 Civic SiR engine and cable trans and I would like some input on who a good supplier might be. I am looking at Nippon Motors and Inline Four right now. I live in Minnesota so if someone knows of a supplier in the midwest it would help with shipping costs....Thanks

2. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

3. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

agree with vtecsir1, those are 2 good places.

Read this about inlinefour

Hybridrevoution gets my vote, eric, the owner trys to make the coustomer come first. He has geat coustomer serives and his prices are great. I will more than likely go with him. Tell him collin (asmallsol) from hondaswap sent you.

4. TRuggiero_

TRuggiero_ Senior Member

See my signature. Tell him Tony sent ya. By the way, that's awesome, giving your son a swap while he's gone.

5. steelbuster

Thanks alot guys. will give those a call. I've been in Sprint Car racing for 30 yrs but have no experience with imports... Motorheads are the same all over and all ages though I see. Thanks again and I'll be back for more info as the swap goes on.
    Pete

6. turbinedzc

turbinedzc Member

Hmotorsonline is by far the best place. Top notch customer service and cheap shipping.

7. beau_safken

beau_safken Senior Member

That B16a1 swap shouldn't be that hard. That's very cool that you are hooking up your boy and doing the swap for him. www.hydridrevolution.com has my vote because the dude that owns it is on this forum all the time and is very knowledgable and helpful.

:worthy: :worthy: You're the rare minority of domestic lovers that shows mutual respect, I applaud and commend you fine sir. :worthy: :worthy:

8. BlackJDMdeath

BlackJDMdeath Senior Member

i got my engine from hmotorsonline, you can't really beat their prices and shipping... at least not that i have seen

9. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

I would get a quote from any shop online then give hmotorsonline.com and see if the quotes you got are cheaper because they guarantee to beat any competitors prices and i hear they have good/strong motors and they almost always sell them as complete swaps

10. steelbuster

Thanks to all for the replies.. Hmotorsonline really does seem to have everybody else beat... I'm going to give them a try I think..Will post how it turns out.

11. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

They cost a little more,but Import Auto Salvage delivers a high level of complete and cleanliness.

12. b20vtecsol

b20vtecsol Junior Member

have u tried foxden.net they have pretty good prices they also have a wide selection

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted