good or bad idea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

icoy22

well i was going to to go turbo ls/vtech but having trouble finding the engine without buying it online but from looking online it looks like the first generation b16 swap would be cheaper then the b18b and it would already have vtec well anyways just wondering if it would be a good idea to bore the b16 to a b18?

actually i probably would never get to doing that so new question would it make a big diffrence betwen turbo b16 vs turbo b18

cheaper for me as in saying the b16 comes with everything with tranny and all 1300 and the b18b is 690 just the motor on the ite im on atleast so id have to buy driffrent head tranmission wireing harness and all that stuff

thanks for the info I went ls with a gsr tranny I got it for 590 bucks and the tranny only has 20k on it pretty good deal all I need now is a b16 head

actually i probably would never get to doing that so new question would it make a big diffrence betwen turbo b16 vs turbo b18
Compresion, the lower the better for turbos but not to low.
Go B16 if you want to go turbo.

So you're point about buying a transmission for the B18 is kinda moot. Why not just buy an entire B18B swap for $900? If you want to go LS/VTEC you're going to have to buy either another block or head at some point. If that's your goal, why not buy a B18B block, B16 head, and B18C1 transmission? Don't be in such a rush. :)

What engine you go with depends on what you want. Do you want low end power or do you want to rev really high to make power? Do you have the $1500 (plus the price of custom pistons) to sleeve and bore a B16 to 1.8l? A B18A/B is 1834.67cc and it'll take an 87mm bore in a B16 to get 1840.67cc. Stroking is also an option, but now that B18B block is looking a lot less expensive isn't it?
:ditto:

Back