Good site for USDM engines

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackice

I plan on doing engine swap but i want to stay smog legal so im going with usdm engine not sure of the emissions laws in NYC.SO any good site for usdm engines?

Can't help with a vouch but check the archives - I've seen quite a few recommendations from browsing.

As for NY smog - no problems with the swap, USDM or JDM. I've got a B16A , changed the cat (Magnaflow high flow) and exhaust (WSII catback) and had no trouble passing emissions.

Yes, its from a SIR II. Swap going into a EG or EK?

the emission nightmare story mostly come from CA and since that where most of the JDM stuff gets shipped that where it ends up leaving a majority of the country thinking that they will have trouble, in all honesty i have found that most mechanics have no idea what thye are looking at when they see a swapped car. even with a b-series in a civic it still says honda stamped on the valve cover and that keeps alot of questions away. it isn't a v8 sitting in a 1st gen RX-7.

but Specializing in JDM-USDM Engines & Parts...hmotorsonline.com is a good spot to order engines from jdm or usdm

Last edited:
Back