Goodby and Good Riddance to

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Jul 17 2004, 11:13 PM
so what is toyota going to do for their "performance"?

Looks like their jumping on the 50 mpg bandwagon--you can still purchase such great cars as the Echo. :lol:

I'd say bring the supra back, but there's no real point to that... it never really sold well enough to justify a resurgence.

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Jul 17 2004, 11:13 PM
so what is toyota going to do for their "performance"?

They just brought out the Corolla XRS. 170 hp 127 ft lbs torque 1.8L Celica motor, 6 sp manual transmission, 4 doors, 16" rims.

Looks like the normal 130 hp Corolla S with 16s. For $17,970 MSRP, that is a badass price to pay for that kind of power, where as the Celica (GTS) based $22,750 MSRP.

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/2005/corolla/specs.html

I like this car. A lot.

tC, TRD supercharger package for 200/200 will be out soon.
rumors of the supra coming back are more and more.. so who knows.

The Mr2 was a cool car, but toyota killed it from the start not offering it with any pep. They only offered a low hp version when they should have put the celica GTS engine in it for the base model, and a turbo charged version for their high performance model.

As for the celica, I always liked the styling. I think they look a shit load better then any current honda.

Also, our echo sucks, but up in Canada, there's arn't bad. They even have a one make Road racing series for them...

HT post about them

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 17 2004, 09:48 PM
rumors of the supra coming back are more and more.. so who knows.
[post=364732]Quoted post[/post]​

I've also heard rumors of the supra making a come back and with the releases of the STi, EVO, RX-8 and 350z it seems Toyota is a little past due. I hope it comes back though I always liked the Supra.

I've also heard rumors of the supra making a come back and with the releases of the STi, EVO, RX-8 and 350z it seems Toyota is a little past due. I hope it comes back though I always liked the Supra.
[post=364802]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

yea toyota shat the bed....they dont have shyt now...that new corolla is a fuckin corolla....and it is ugly as hell

never liked the look of celicas, and the ONLY ones worth mentioning are the all trac celicas.... the new ones are ugly. thank god they are ridding the roads of them and the hideous mr2's.

:) im talking of purely looks, performance wise, the only good celicas are, again, the gt4's, and the only mr'2 im impressed with are the turbocharged ones between 91-93, i think.

I saw a Corolla All-Trac last week for the first time.

It's still just a Corolla, but it was interesting.

Back