Got a good deal but still expecting to be effed!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asim666

I am not new but havent posted a lot here. I own a Civic 93 Si with an H22A swap and got a good deal for a Civic 2000 Exi. I live in Saudi Arabia and i found the car for SR. 12000 ( Saudi Riyals), i didnt have that kind of money then but had 3k on me which i paid cuz i didnt want him to sell it off to somebody else. Remaining 9k i have to arrange by 2nd March and have to get my car sold by then so i can pay him off and bring the car home. Will upload pics when i get the car home!!!! I guess i can say that its one of the cleanest civics that i have found here in Saudi Arabia. If something bad has to happen (meaning i cant come up with the money) then the guy told me to forget the car and the 3k i gave him!!!! I WILL BE F*&KED!!!!:(

I don't know what that 3k translates to in US dollars but I'm not positive he can do that. I believe you should have the option to go to him and get your deposit back.

Its a bit different here. Its like we agreed to it and signed on the papers. He wrote that if he decides not to sell the car for some reason (which i know he wont) then he will pay me back double of the deposit and if i dont come up with the money then i dont get anything! I just hope i get my car sold soon!!!!! i only have 9 more days.

sorry for double-posting but USD1.00 = SR. 3.75. So you can figure it out how much it is.

Sounds like you made a really stupid deal, and will probably lose your shirt on it. Have fun!

Also, I have no idea what the point of this thread was.

Well today i got calls from the ad i posted on various places and it seems people are still interested in my car. I just wanted to share my new civic with you guys....thats all! Hope i get it in a couple of days so i can upload pics ASAP!! It has the D15Z4 engine in it with a manual gear, didnt get to see what gearbox it was.

i dont think i would have done that deal but ok..
and yes he is actually in the right to keep your deposit if you do notcome up with the money..you did fuck yourself badly

why would you make that deal if you weren't 100% POSITIVE you would have the money by then? You shouldnt rely on selling your car to get the remaining amount for something that has a time limit like that. you never know how long it will take to sell a car. it could take days, it could take weeks, it could take months.

But i hope all goes well and you get your new car.

I hope so too. But i got some offers yesterday some good and bad. It was the first day. I will go to this place today which is solely for buying and selling cars, hopefully will get a price on the car. Then decide what will be a reasonbale price to sell it for but if i get a price from which i can buy the new car then its going right away!

2nd day: Someone actually came to see my car. Gave me a fair price, will call me and confirm if he is buying or not. Well, he didnt seem to know much about the car so i guess he wont call back which means I AM STILL NOWHERE close to getting my car sold!!!!

YAY!! i got my car sold just for the right price. I will get my new Civic EXi 2000 soon and will upload pics of it. Am so glad i got my car sold.

Good job...... I never hear of stories like this turning out good......... Its nice to see things working out for you! Post some pics....

Well, i actually had a stroke when i drove the car but it turns out some minor work needs to be done on it as all old cars have to. I drove it for 20 mins and it started heating up, turns out the pins for the thermostat switch were bent a little and the plug wasnt clipped on properly. Anyways, apart from all the stuff that needs to be done (timing belt change and rear doors are locked) it drives pretty smooth

Took the pictures at night and should have listened to my friends to postpone till the morning. So here are the crappy pics i took at night. The tail light was fixed like this by the previous owner for inspection purposes am planning to change that one. You can also see the little mishap i had while i was parking in a hurry since i was late for work ....Notice the licence plate alphabets :D ... COMMENTS!! Will post more pics when i get time in the morning after i get my bumper fixed.

Attachments

• IMG_7375.JPG
    IMG_7375.JPG
    556.4 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_7376.JPG
    IMG_7376.JPG
    572.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_7377.JPG
    IMG_7377.JPG
    518.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_7378.JPG
    IMG_7378.JPG
    498 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_7379.JPG
    IMG_7379.JPG
    534.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_7380.JPG
    IMG_7380.JPG
    531.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_7381.JPG
    IMG_7381.JPG
    605.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_7382.JPG
    IMG_7382.JPG
    575.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_7383.JPG
    IMG_7383.JPG
    413.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_7384.JPG
    IMG_7384.JPG
    743.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_7385.JPG
    IMG_7385.JPG
    796.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_7386.JPG
    IMG_7386.JPG
    773.2 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_7387.JPG
    IMG_7387.JPG
    790 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_7389.JPG
    IMG_7389.JPG
    548.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_7396.JPG
    IMG_7396.JPG
    581.9 KB · Views: 183
I was just wondering if i can swap in a JDM D15B in without changing the gearbox?? and anyone have an idea of what ECU i should use if i really do swap in a D15B?

yes you can swap in a d15b and use your transmission already in there
the car is obd2 so youll need to do an obd2>obd1 conversion and use the ecu for the d15b, or get a chipped obd1 ecu and have a d15b map put on it.

Damn those two leds for the climate control are a PITA to change!!!!!! It took my friend and i almost 2 hours to change (forgot to mention we are noobs) and we forgot 2 screws to put back in, now it squeaks when i drive over a bumpy road!!!! It sucks but finally i got the climate control back lit up! I feel like a zombie right now. We were up till 3am and now am at work, only slept for 3 hours.

Back