Got a new Bow! Fun!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
I happened to catch our archery shop open (for once in his freakin life) and stopped in. I've always wondered what it was like to shoot a compound bow (never have before)

Anyway, I walked out with a "Fully Rigged" bow "PSS", 70lbs, 31" draw, some $100 arrow rest, sight, various little bits and pieces, Trigger thing that straps to your wrist and gives you a rifle like trigger to release the string.. the works.. ready to shoot. I stopped by wal-mart and picked up 10 cheapish arrows ($4.00 each, had to buy some practice points to screw into 'em). Then I went behind a local appliance store and jacked a refrigerator box and enough cardboard/styrofoam to stuff it full.

Anyway, I bought 10 arrows.. First shot, I tried to do with my fingers on the string instead of the trigger.. turns out that is pretty hard, missed the box (placed at 30 yards) and hit my shop. Arrow goes through the siding of the shop and hits my 3/4" plywood interior wall. Arrow is toast (smashed the tip BAD) and now I have a hole in the shop.

Second shot (fired with the trigger) lands on the box but about 2 feet low. Third shot lands about 1 foot high. For the rest of the night, I was pounding the bullseye. (6" spray painted dot from 30 yds).. I picked up on that really quick!

Anyway, the moral of the story is, bows are cool! lol.

lol.

Bows are lots of fun. You think its hard when you pull it back with your fingers? As in hard to shoot or hard to pull back? Cause pulling a compound bow back is nothing compared to pulling back on an archery bow. You going to go hunting with the bow?

Not at all hard to pull back (only 70 lbs), its hard to get a clean release. Hell, with my fingers it was hard to keep it on the rest even before shooting.

No idea what kind of rest, but the archery dude said it was the best.. It has two little metal "fingers" that are mounted to a swiveling, spring loaded half-circle... hell, its pretty hard to describe, but there is no support other than two little fingers that touch the arrow at about 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock. otherwise, you just have to kinda balance it there.

And nope, not planning on hunting with it, its just something to play with.

god damn city kids, learning about all the cool redneck stuff 20 years later. you just bought a gun, and now you have a bow. remind me not to piss in your cheerios! (snatch*)

Back