Got a shock problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

marek

So i lowered my 90' integra on tein s-techs, but i am still on the stock shocks, when i drive my car feels bouncy, and hits alot of bumps. I am going to purchase some aftermarket shocks probably tokicos. WIll this impact my ride and make it smoother? IF not please leave any suggestions, thanks.

Yes, it will have a tremendous affect on your ride quality. Stock shocks can't handle hard springs, hence the bounce.

ive got s techs with koni's and Id have to say the ride is still bouncy(91 integra).
its also too low, ive scraped the hell out of underneith my car(the roads around here arnt the smoothest), they said 2 inch lowering, but i think it was more around 2 and a half.

im thinking of getting a full tein coilover setup.

Which Konis? They have "OEM replacments", and models that are not sport.

if your looking for a decent chock, that won't kill your budget, try the Agx's, very good dependable and adjustible. good luck

im running koni sport's now, and the ride is bouncy
I had a set of tokico illumina adjustables on it, and they were bouncy too, but a kid offered me 100 bucks a shock for them, so I sold them(and they were like 2 years old, he was an idiot)

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@May 4 2005, 09:03 PM
I had a set of tokico illumina adjustables on it, and they were bouncy too, but a kid offered me 100 bucks a shock for them, so I sold them(and they were like 2 years old, he was an idiot)
[post=495067]Quoted post[/post]​

Weird, I have Tokico Illuminas with 450/350's and it is not bouncy whatsoever.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@May 4 2005, 12:03 PM

odd, but tokico illumina's shound't bounce, they are also a great shock, but if you don't like em, try the agx's, but if you didn't like the tokico's, i don't know how much more you'll like these, ehh, whatever, good luck.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@May 4 2005, 03:03 PM

maybe you need to turn up the rebound setting; lots of club racer's are using Koni Sports(aka Yellows) with stiff rates and say they arent bouncy; just harsh.

Back