got LS???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid_b18

crew chief
ive read through pissedoffsols LSmonster build and was not to impressed with the outcome of that motor. 146 from a stock 142?? i am going to follow some of that forum though. im going to the b16 pistons, keeping stock LS rods, but what can i do to the top end that will yield a 600 budget but get more than 4 horse?

basicly i wanna here what people are doing out there to help the LS community whoop on vtec.

tell what type of HP youre gettin and the set ups your using. thanks people.

bills setup also still needed a little more work to see its true potential

1st thing he needed was an ECU that would allow him to rev to 8500+... he was loosing out on 2k RPM so he wasnt even comming close to the potential there

next better breathing... he had a cheap short ram intake going into the stock shittly LS intake manifold.... a skunk2 would have helped greatly... then he was still running the stock shitty LS exhaust manifold... a nice JDM ITR 4-1 would have helped a LOT

so for another $600-$800... he would have easily seen a minimum of 170+whp

Originally posted by B16@Feb 24 2004, 07:27 PM
i think the 142 stock is flywheel HP and the 146 is wheel HP

:thumbsup: More WHEEL hp then a lot of stock B16A's.

okay okay. skunk2 intake? why not just port polish the LS? still too shittay? i was trying to debate whether or not to use a 4-2-1 or 4-1 exhaust. i hear good about both. but what for all motor.? and i have a custom CAI, is that not good enough, should i really spend 170 bucs on a AEM??

yO esol, what RPM can i push my stock valves and cams to? cause i wsa gonna order an new ecu next week.

Originally posted by hybrid_b18@Feb 24 2004, 09:11 PM
yO esol, what RPM can i push my stock valves and cams to? cause i wsa gonna order an new ecu next week.

i wouldn't rev the stock valvesprings/retainers over the stock redline... it's there for a reason. and even if you do rev it out more, you won't see much if any more power if you're still on stock ls cams.

Definitely don't rev over 7500 with a stock LS. My friend had a b18a. Keyword HAD B) . Wait until you upgrade the valve train.

Originally posted by hybrid_b18@Feb 24 2004, 09:08 PM
okay okay. skunk2 intake? why not just port polish the LS? still too shittay? i was trying to debate whether or not to use a 4-2-1 or 4-1 exhaust. i hear good about both. but what for all motor.? and i have a custom CAI, is that not good enough, should i really spend 170 bucs on a AEM??

the skunk is a copy of the ITR manifold it has nice short fat runners ... you could never get an LS manifold to flow better than it

get a JDM ITR 4-1 header... its really the best design for hondas untill you start fucking with the uber expensive 4-2-1s that have retardedly long runners before the Ys (SMSP, Hytech, etc $1000+)

a custom intake is just as good as most of the expensive ones (depending on the design and filter used... get a K&N filter for it if you dont already have one)

Originally posted by hybrid_b18@Feb 24 2004, 09:11 PM

like everyone else said i wouldnt go above the stock redline
your cams dont make power up there and your valvetrain cant handle it .... engine go b00m!

the motor could probaly go up a couple rpms but i bet they have it set perfectly so if u hit the rev limiter hard and it goes over it wont hurt it.

Originally posted by H22AdelSol@Feb 25 2004, 12:21 AM
the motor could probaly go up a couple rpms but i bet they have it set perfectly so if u hit the rev limiter hard and it goes over it wont hurt it.

regardless

your cams dont make power up there

so why bother

sounds good sounds good. yea i was gonna go franky-stien but sounds like more work than i would like to do at the present time. so i wanna run my LS hard for now and then do the vtec set up.

yO eSOL. the ITR intake doesnt have that dual stage shit like the GSR right? cause a buddy of mine told me i could use one after taking off the butterfly and stuff.

thanks everyone else. wont push that valve train too hard.

you dont use the actual ITR one ... it wont fit on anything but the ITR or B16 heads without modification

get the skunk2

and no it doesnt have secondaries

Back