Got screwed on manifold.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

livinlow

Well I made the mistake of trusting someone and giving them the money for a manifold before I actually saw the one that I was buying. I thought that I was buying a custom made one, which looked damn good, but when I got mine, it looks like its this one off ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33742

I really can't return it so it looks like I'm stuck. Before I throw this piece out for a real manifold can I run this thing knowing I'll be replacing it. Can I brace the turbo to the block somehow to keep this fucker from cracking? Thanks for the help.

Mine looks exactly the same with the braces. To be honest the welds look half decent, it the way the pipes don't line up all the way straight into the exhaust flange that bothers me. I'm talking about making another brace to hold the turbo to the block, if maybe that would help...

yea thats an SSautochrome header(i think). they supposidely suck but my friend has one and he runs like 14 psi all day with it and no problems...yet atleast

How long has he had it on there? Did he use any extra bracing? I don't think that it's an ssautoshit because the welds definately look better than ones on the ss's I've seen but doesn't look like a high quality lovefab by any means.

Anybody? I want to throw this thing on my car soon, or throw it in the garbage and wait yet another month to put on my kit.

i had it on my turbo ls hatch at 10psi and never had a problem with it. im sure it won't work nearly as good as a love fab or full race but it will do the trick for nowl.

Originally posted by livinlow@Dec 6 2004, 12:19 AM
How long has he had it on there? Did he use any extra bracing? I don't think that it's an ssautoshit because the welds definately look better than ones on the ss's I've seen but doesn't look like a high quality lovefab by any means.
[post=426849]Quoted post[/post]​

He has had it since june I think and No extra bracing. He is on this forum he name is Boosted4dr

Back