Got some cash to play with

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Montana

Hi im Serge. I have about 10K and want to buy an eg6 and do a b18c5 engine swap. I need to know if I can fit that within my budget. Also I have another question.

When I am buying the civic I am planning on grabbing one with higher mileage seeing as how I want to do a full swap so what are some weakspots on older, more used civics.

Also given my 10k budget can I get anymore bang for my buck doing some other kind of mods instead? I do not want to go FI.

Shit if I had 10k I'd buy a '95-99 eclipse turbo and put a bigger turbo and tune for 300-400 hp.

But since you wanna go Honda, buying an eg6 is probably the best platform for a swap. The b18c5 will swap in easily, just make sure you grab the shift linkage and axels with it. For the extra money you should at least do intake, headers, exhaust. Then maybe a valvetrain upgrade so you can run it hard all day, maybe a cam. There's a lot of options.

If you went forced induction...you could just get a b16a for cheaper get a turbo kit and tune for more power than an all-motor b18c5 would ever put out.

The reason I want to go honda is because for a young male insurance rates are very high, and a slow 70hp cx is not as much as an ITR or even 00si. And the reason I want to avoid FI is because my budget is limited, and as far as I know a turbo setup is more maintenance and less reliabilty. thanks though

cheers

as for weakspots on hondas... Deff the quarters! I got my car and both quarters were packed full of body filler and under that was rust... I dont know who had the bright idea to fix the rust with body filler but whatever... other than that my floorpan on the drivers side (just a 5in wide crack) was really the only other part that was bad on the car but i fixed it with a chunk of metal, tar and some rivets...

Back