Got some free time?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Guy

found this : http://www.kellys.com/know.html from blog wars. Tons of interesting information, though likely none of it will be of any value. Im about 1/3 through.

Chrysler built B-29's that bombed Japan, Mitsubishi built Zeros that tried to shoot them down. Both companies now build cars in a joint plant call Diamond Star.

In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere

no way has any one seen this

"No animal, once frozen solid (i.e., water solidifies and turns to ice) survives when thawed, because the ice crystals formed inside cells would break open the cell membranes. However there are certain frogs that can survive the experience of being frozen. These frogs make special proteins which prevent the formation of ice (or at least keep the crystals from becoming very large), so that they actually never freeze even though their body temperature is below zero Celsius. The water in them remains liquid: a phenomenon known as 'supercooling.' If you disturb one of these frogs (just touching them even), the water in them quickly freezes solid and they die."

Irony?? :lol: :ph34r:

Many Japanese golfers carry "hole-in-one" insurance, because it is traditional in Japan to share one's good luck by sending gifts to all your friends when you get an "ace." The price for what the Japanese term an "albatross" can often reach $10,000.

At the country club where I work at, some of the golfers also have this. If you get a hole in one, you have to buy eveyone a drink. On big turniment days, there could be 500+ people there at like 4-8 a drink, its a shit load of money. Whats great is the biggest asshole at our club, last year during the invational, (400 golfers or so + other freinds and wives) he gets a hole in one. During invationals/really big terniments one hole you get 25k if you get a hole in one, the others, like a driver or a set of clubs. Well, he gets a hole in one on the hole that you get a driver. One of the golfers said the cheap son of bitch was saying "fuck, fuck, don't go in" when it was in the air.

Elephants have been found swimming miles from shore in the Indian Ocean.
:huh: WTF? And people in Florida think manatees are a pain in the ass to hit...

It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up. The frog throws up it's stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of it's mouth. Then the frog uses it's forearms to dig out all of the stomach's contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.
cool shit

Originally posted by Guy@Apr 23 2005, 10:03 PM
found this : http://www.kellys.com/know.html from blog wars. Tons of interesting information, though likely none of it will be of any value. Im about 1/3 through.

Chrysler built B-29's that bombed Japan, Mitsubishi built Zeros that tried to shoot them down. Both companies now build cars in a joint plant call Diamond Star.

[post=490680]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm pretty sure that the B-29's were Boeing...granted, some of them MAY have been assembled at Chrysler factories, but they were still Boeing planes...just like some of the B-24's were built at (I think) Ford factories, but they were Consolidated planes.

I pretty sure the one about Asimov and writting a book in every catagory in the dewey decimal system is wrong too. I've heard the only section he didnt get into was philosophy. Beside that there were a few more that I've heard things contrary to, but most of it is still interesting.

chryslers role in the b-29: http://www.allpar.com/history/military/b-29.html

Originally posted by Airjockie@Apr 23 2005, 08:49 PM
The tune for the "A-B-C" song is the same as "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

:blink: I never relized that.....wow.
[post=490689]Quoted post[/post]​

the tune for baa baa black sheep is also the same as twinkle twinkle little star and the abc song.

Originally posted by Guy@Apr 24 2005, 09:28 AM
I pretty sure the one about Asimov and writting a book in every catagory in the dewey decimal system is wrong too. I've heard the only section he didnt get into was philosophy. Beside that there were a few more that I've heard things contrary to, but most of it is still interesting.

chryslers role in the b-29: http://www.allpar.com/history/military/b-29.html
[post=490785]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok, Chrysler built some of the engines...that still doesn't make the B-29 a Chrysler plane. Like I said, it's still a Boeing plane.

Back