Got some good electrical questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skillz2k5

Okay here's the deal. I am running a 96 civic ex with a JDM SiR II swap. I had the car completley converted from OBD IIa to OBD I. I am running a stock p28 (I know it's not a good idea). I have two questions.

First: Everytime it rains, snows, is humid (only when there is mositure in the air) if I get on it I will end up throwing a code (code 16) and the ECU goes into "limp" mode and sets my fuel cut off at 3200rpms. Keep in
mind that this only happens when there is moisture in the air or if it is very cold (35 or below). Any normal day
I can get in my car and wait about a minute untill it warms up and take it all the way up the rpm range.

Second: When I got the car it had some gay indiglo gauges which had a redline of 8k on the gauge itself. I removed them today and my stock has a redline of 7k. Now I know why this is but if p28 redline is set at like
7400 or whatever then why am I hitting it at like 7100 or 7200 according to the stock gauge. I hope this makes since... basically what I am asking is that are the motor and gauges actually at the same rpm or does the cluster just read like the d series was still in there?? If I do get a p30 with a higher rev limiter from what I understand the needle on the gauge should just keep going untill the rev limiter kicks in no matter what.

Quoted post[/post]]
Okay here's the deal. I am running a 96 civic ex with a JDM SiR II swap. I had the car completley converted from OBD IIa to OBD I. I am running a stock p28 (I know it's not a good idea). I have two questions.

First: Everytime it rains, snows, is humid (only when there is mositure in the air) if I get on it I will end up throwing a code (code 16) and the ECU goes into "limp" mode and sets my fuel cut off at 3200rpms. Keep in
mind that this only happens when there is moisture in the air or if it is very cold (35 or below). Any normal day
I can get in my car and wait about a minute untill it warms up and take it all the way up the rpm range.

Second: When I got the car it had some gay indiglo gauges which had a redline of 8k on the gauge itself. I removed them today and my stock has a redline of 7k. Now I know why this is but if p28 redline is set at like
7400 or whatever then why am I hitting it at like 7100 or 7200 according to the stock gauge. I hope this makes since... basically what I am asking is that are the motor and gauges actually at the same rpm or does the cluster just read like the d series was still in there?? If I do get a p30 with a higher rev limiter from what I understand the needle on the gauge should just keep going untill the rev limiter kicks in no matter what.
It sounds like you have water/ice crystals in your fuel lines/filter/rail/injectors.
The stock cluster will rev it to wherever you need it to go... your needle is probly off a little?
the cluster reads the engine rpm.
Reply to my PM :p

check your injectors when it does it start unplugging one at a time and reconnect them back see if there is a difference if u unplug one and there is no difference then u might have a problem with ecu getting moisture and if so let me know i have a cheap easy fix i had the same problem once and thats what mine did my e-mail is angieliane@excite.com

Back