Got tired of...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I find that as I get older, I shy away from options more and more. I used to get all excited about Air Conditioning. Then Power Windows. Then I got all excited about cup holders. Then Power steering became a luxury. Then such as items as "adjustable seats" became luxurious. I got all excited with "Fuel Injection". When I build the next car, "Wipers" will be the extend of the luxury items and "Power brakes" will be a pipe dream. Then with the Dune Buggy build "Doors" and "Heat" and "Coolant" will be a thing of the past. Someday I imagine I'll just be on a high-speed recumbent bicycle, in the rain, with a helmet and an MP3 player.

The toys lose all interest to me - it's the heart of a vehicle now that appeals to me.

I find that as I get older, I shy away from options more and more. I used to get all excited about Air Conditioning. Then Power Windows. Then I got all excited about cup holders. Then Power steering became a luxury. Then such as items as "adjustable seats" became luxurious. I got all excited with "Fuel Injection". When I build the next car, "Wipers" will be the extend of the luxury items and "Power brakes" will be a pipe dream. Then with the Dune Buggy build "Doors" and "Heat" and "Coolant" will be a thing of the past. Someday I imagine I'll just be on a high-speed recumbent bicycle, in the rain, with a helmet and an MP3 player.

The toys lose all interest to me - it's the heart of a vehicle now that appeals to me.

A lotus is your car.

There wasn't one. Typical of this site, I simply shared a small tidbit of an update on what's going on with me which was followed immediately by a few constructive posts and then a myriad of input on what I should have done or why my decision was a bad one. Then we were graced with a slightly cryptic verbal journey led by Steve to somewhere left of the topic at hand. Funny, I haven't posted regularly in what -- close to a year? And nothing has really changed.

Nothing ever changes :) Good to see ya though.

I'm surprised you made that type of decision - The Q was sophisticated as hell (Regardless of your age or status), and you ditched it for the Civic. Before that, you had an equally nice Civic - Attention (as I recall) paid to the wheels first.

Why the change of heart ?

The Q45 was a nice car when new, and undoubtedly was up till it reached OR (it was a New Mexico car originally, according to Carfax). However, the abuse it received at the hands of the previous owners turned it into a live grenade. I decided to decommission it when it started making timing chain slapping noises, as a timing chain job on a DOHC Nissan V8 in a sedan is not something to be trifled with.

The '95 I had that I put the widebody on... my favorite part about that car was the wheels - which I am looking for another set of in 5x100 for my '07. It turned out extremely well - but it got to the point after the hood/towing incident that I couldn't look at it the same way anymore. I would have loved to just have that car to look at, but that's what they make cameras for.

My current car, the '91 hatch, has served me very well. It's like the energizer bunny. Change the oil, put gas in it, and it just keeps going. But, it's starting to show it's age. Someone backed into the passenger's side front fender in the parking lot at wal-mart a couple weeks ago. Plus, being a larger individual, the car feels cramped. It's normally not a problem, but it kills my back and legs on longer drives, which I am doing more of for my company.

Hmm. I was a signature away from buying the exact car you bought. They're awesome cars. Very comfortable, but I'm 6'0 1/2 and my head almost touches the ceiling at all times so I couldn't handle that much.

I decided completely that a scion was actually 10 dollars less a month, I got more, and the only downfall was the gas mileage and lack of curtain air bags.

Hmm. I was a signature away from buying the exact car you bought. They're awesome cars. Very comfortable, but I'm 6'0 1/2 and my head almost touches the ceiling at all times so I couldn't handle that much.

I decided completely that a scion was actually 10 dollars less a month, I got more, and the only downfall was the gas mileage and lack of curtain air bags.

You got a Scion ? When did that happen ?

August 10, 2006. It's an 07 tc. Classic Metallic Silver. Not a single option when I bought it from the dealer. Not even floot mats.

I just ordered the injen cai intake this morning for it. :)

Plus, being a larger individual, the car feels cramped. It's normally not a problem, but it kills my back and legs on longer drives,.

I hear ya, my civic seats KILL me on a trip anything longer than an hour to be honest. I needed to get this back pad thing and its not workin out too well. I think im just going to buy the most comfortable one.

big people and little cars = hurtin

Back