1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greddy 18g Turbo Kit

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Cashizslick, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Ok, i have the option of getting Greddy parts at "cost" through my friend. I do not want to go crazy with my motor, and just want to have a turbo that runs low boost on stock internals for some moderate power gains.

I think that the 18G turbo kit for the B16A2 will work great with my car (provided i use some other type of fuel management since my car is 0BD 1 and the kit is for an 0BD 2 car). Do any of you use this turbo kit or similar? And, if you just wanna post anyways, what have you heard about this kit on a B16?

I do not like the idea of a T3/T043 because i am not planning on building my internals and i want good midrange/high end power and response.

Thanks in advance
    - cash

2. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

a friend of mine had an 18g on his gsr. other than that I've only seen them on eclipses.

3. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

any comments from him on how he liked it?

4. silver

silver Senior Member

DSM people from what i gather dont use 18g too much...its usually stock 14b/T25, and from there its usually a TD05H big/small/etc16g or a TD06H 20g...from there people get all sorts of crazy stuff, but usually not an 18g

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

the 18g on a kids gsr at the dyno, tuned with hondata on 310s made 215 whp with a 7k rev limiter, due to lack of fuel up top. bone stock motor.

with larger injectors, and a smaller b16, you should be able to make about the same.

6. redtao

redtao Member

Hey i had the greddy 18g on my b16. I loved it, It was fast off the line, almost no boost lag(remember i have many other mods that might help with this). Were you could feel it was slowing down was up top. for instance i raced a gst, off the line i raped him, another gst on the highway at about a 70-80mph roll i walked him about 2 cars before he gave up.
    raced a supra, at a 30 roll, jumped him until about somewhere in 3rd when he passed me like i was standing still and the gap kept opening, man he was like 50 cars ahead of me.

turned it to 10psi and broke a ring land and lost compression in #2 but i didn't notice it, on a base run on a dyno it made 199whp on basicly 3cylinders.
    good luck

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted