Greddy 18g Turbo Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Ok, i have the option of getting Greddy parts at "cost" through my friend. I do not want to go crazy with my motor, and just want to have a turbo that runs low boost on stock internals for some moderate power gains.

I think that the 18G turbo kit for the B16A2 will work great with my car (provided i use some other type of fuel management since my car is 0BD 1 and the kit is for an 0BD 2 car). Do any of you use this turbo kit or similar? And, if you just wanna post anyways, what have you heard about this kit on a B16?

I do not like the idea of a T3/T043 because i am not planning on building my internals and i want good midrange/high end power and response.

Thanks in advance
- cash

DSM people from what i gather dont use 18g too much...its usually stock 14b/T25, and from there its usually a TD05H big/small/etc16g or a TD06H 20g...from there people get all sorts of crazy stuff, but usually not an 18g

the 18g on a kids gsr at the dyno, tuned with hondata on 310s made 215 whp with a 7k rev limiter, due to lack of fuel up top. bone stock motor.

with larger injectors, and a smaller b16, you should be able to make about the same.

Hey i had the greddy 18g on my b16. I loved it, It was fast off the line, almost no boost lag(remember i have many other mods that might help with this). Were you could feel it was slowing down was up top. for instance i raced a gst, off the line i raped him, another gst on the highway at about a 70-80mph roll i walked him about 2 cars before he gave up.
raced a supra, at a 30 roll, jumped him until about somewhere in 3rd when he passed me like i was standing still and the gap kept opening, man he was like 50 cars ahead of me.

turned it to 10psi and broke a ring land and lost compression in #2 but i didn't notice it, on a base run on a dyno it made 199whp on basicly 3cylinders.
good luck

Back