GReddy sturt tower bar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tip

i already have a strut bar that bolts to the top of the struts. i got a a lot of greddy stuff from a friend that totalled his car and his bar bolts to the strut tower and not the struts themselfs. which one would you guys use...? two other things that i got that i am not sure if i want to use is the oil catch can and a radiator breather tank. what if any are your thoughts on adding these two items to my car.

oh yeah b18c1 h,i,e, and about to add intake manni, fuel rail, fuel reg., and hondata soon in a eg

Quoted post[/post]]
Um, dude, they all mount to the strut tower...hence the name, "strut tower bar". Are you talking about a tie bar or a sway bar?

You don't need the IM, fuel rail, or fuel reg. until you've done internal mods to your motor.

the internal mods are coming at the end of the summer. this is the reason behind the bar for more volume and i will need other parts as well which i already know because i will be throwing a turbo on as well. but my main question is about the bar. AND YES ANY DUMB ASS WILL KNOW THAT IS WHERE THEY MOUNT. But some mount to the tower , in general, and some mount to the top of the strut itself. so this is where i need opinions.

oh yeah and i am not talking about a sway or tie bar just incase any one else does not understand the question.

Sure, install the bar. Use two if you can fit them in there. :)

I would prefer to not use the type that bolts onto the tops of the struts themselves, but that's just me. The other common type goes onto the bolts for the upper control arms. Any other mount location might hold a risk of tear-out. Your main suspension forces to the unibody are coming in through the bolts that hold in the upper control arms, so look to bolt a brace on there in favor of anything else.

Quoted post[/post]]
Sure, install the bar. Use two if you can fit them in there. :)

I would prefer to not use the type that bolts onto the tops of the struts themselves, but that's just me. The other common type goes onto the bolts for the upper control arms. Any other mount location might hold a risk of tear-out. Your main suspension forces to the unibody are coming in through the bolts that hold in the upper control arms, so look to bolt a brace on there in favor of anything else.

ok thanks this is the info i was looking for because i have a bar that mounts to the two studs from the pillow mount. but this greddy bar mounts to the tower itself through the two factory wholes just to the outsides of where the top of the strut comes in the tower.

Back