Greensboro Tornado Damage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

When a tornado hits Moore OK it causes $20 in improvements.

Do you ever run out of tinfoil ?
:no:
And when the government's space beam mind control satellites point in your direction, you'll be singing "hail to the chief" til you shit stars and stripes.

:roll:

:no:
And when the government's space beam mind control satellites point in your direction, you'll be singing "hail to the chief" til you shit stars and stripes.

:roll:

Dude, I've been shitting patriotism and hailing the chief since I was 4. Except for the Clinton years.

Either way, I wonder if these people will hold their hands out and demand demand demand demand for money to reopen strip joints and restaurants.

You could probably go buy it, Clayton. :p

Yep that is the harsh reality of an f4-f5 tornado in the mid west. We have had a couple of towns hit like this since I have been born. Barneveld, Stoughton, Oakfield, Siren - they all looked very similar. The sad part is one of the major cites in the midwest will have that happen in the coming future. Oklahoma, Dallas-FW or Chicago would be devestating. Hell even KC or St. Louis could be hit. I would venture to say that it would be on the scale of Katrina or even worse as there really is no advance warning.

Do large cities support tornado formations? I don't know the answer here, but have never heard of a large city being hit by a tornado, I just figured the buildings and such dispersed the winds so they couldn't accumulate and form into a tornado. Its probably possible, but I wonder.

history channel (or is it discover) say that dallas is due to be hit by an F5 soon... i guess only time will tell

Do large cities support tornado formations? I don't know the answer here, but have never heard of a large city being hit by a tornado, I just figured the buildings and such dispersed the winds so they couldn't accumulate and form into a tornado. Its probably possible, but I wonder.

Tornados can and have hit large cities. Oklahoma city, Salt lake city and Miami have had tornados in recent years. Most of them have been pretty weak but it is still possible. I have heard that both Dallas and Chicago are due but anywhere in the US could have it happen. Tornados form from the top down most of the time and it really has nothing to do with a city or not. I have heard that water prevents them, buildings prevent them and even the heat off of the concrete/black top prevents them but I have never seen any data proving it.

By the way
<-----------Trained weather spotter and amatuer storm chaser

tornadoes are more liekly to form in the plains because there's nothing to slow them down.

flat land, no trees, no tall buildings, etc.... they just get bigger and bigger.

should one hit dalls/any large city, i don't beleive the path it will cut will be nearly as large as the ones that hit the mid west.

Tornados can and have hit large cities. Oklahoma city, Salt lake city and Miami have had tornados in recent years. Most of them have been pretty weak but it is still possible. I have heard that both Dallas and Chicago are due but anywhere in the US could have it happen. Tornados form from the top down most of the time and it really has nothing to do with a city or not. I have heard that water prevents them, buildings prevent them and even the heat off of the concrete/black top prevents them but I have never seen any data proving it.

By the way
<-----------Trained weather spotter and amatuer storm chaser

As I understand it, the winds accumulate and pull other air into the eye of the tornado. If buildings are blocking this, it would seem reasonable that a strong tornado could not form and rip through a large city. I could see a tornado hitting the outskirts of a city, though.

I don't know, it was just my hypothesis.

Northern NJ will NEVER get hit... ever

We had a 'tornado' when I was in second grade and one other time. I don't think it even made it to a Category 1's strength but it was enough to tear down a bunch of trees.

That was a freak occurrence.

oh, and if one hits dallas, hondaswap will be down for a while. lol
MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!
time to get some back up servers going on in different parts of the country
hell maybe even throw a few in other countries

i dont give a damn if its a natural disaster or WWIII... hondaswap can not go down... people NEED hondaswap damnit!!!

Back