GSR 91 civic swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highmfer

I've got a 91 civic Si and im looking to do a GSr swap..was wondering how hard of a job its going to be on the scale of honda swaps.

well put it this way, if you had a 92 or higher it would bolt right in bc the mounts are identical to the integra mounts buttttt you dont have that so it wont be as easy. dont quote me on this but i think they sell engine brackets for different swaps so maybe you might luck out. as for mechanical: you gotta convert odb's (do research) you gotta swap the tranny stuff like shift linkage etc (do more research) and then the ecu's need to be changed. look around the site i know i've seen this stuff more than twice.

it's not hard at all if you have regularly worked on cars previously and know your way under the hood. Do your research and mkae sure you understand what needs to be done BEFORE you start the project, also be realistic with two things time and money. Make sure before you start the swap you look into the costs invloved and how much time you'll need to FINISH the project. There are lots of good used parts you can source to save from buying everything retail. My first swap was done for about $1200 I went $200 over budget so always have a good cushion of cash.
tips:
Rywire.com for electrical, all plug and play
Buy used mounts: they're everywhere for about 80-100 bucks
then then search craigslist and other local forums for things you might need.
Don't listen to what everyone has to say, if you want to swap an EF do it!

oh and as far as difficulty, there's sooo much info out there (and a whole site) dedicatged to honda swaps that i'd say b-series is maybe 5out of 10 for difficulty IF you do your research first.

good luck

Back