gsr bogging before and after vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsrpoweredcivic

i have a 96 civic hatch with a obd2 gsr motor in it and my problem is that it is bogging at about 3500 rpm and as it goes into vtec at 4500 rpm and again after engageing into vtec. the oil pressure is fine, there is plenty of oil in it and the car is up to temp. if some one has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. thank you

how's the fuel looking, did you upgrade your fuel pump (usually wont cause it but it did on mine that bogged from 0-3000 not bad but enough to notice a big jump after that)

how's the fuel curve do you have a standalone or a stock ecu..

im running a stock gsr ecu and a stock civic fuel pump but it was running fine before this just started happening about two weeks ago, could it be the vtec pressure switch or solenoid

but you said it stars bogging before it hits vtec, just thinking about it maybe going in the wrong direction, it sounds like a gas problems what grade gas are you using? have you checked your injectors? fuel line? fuel pressure reg? it could be all those check them one by one and elemiate them as you go. if all else fails then check the fuel pump might have to upgrade it never know! but if it is bogging i can't see it being the vtec stuff causing the problem because you said you are getting pressure :blink: :unsure:

Originally posted by gsrpoweredcivic@Dec 24 2004, 01:48 PM
im using 93 pump gas
[post=436818]Quoted post[/post]​

When was the last time you changed the fuel filter, pcv valve and all that good stuff.

yeah id be checkin fuel pressure, sounds like there might be a restriction somewhere. or maybe your pump is just not kicking out enough pressure like it should, not neccesarily is an upgrade needed, but maybe just a new pump, before you go that far, like i said, id be checkin fuel pressure and the rest of the delivery system!

Back