gsr brakes in a 92 civic si hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

andi

i want to do a gsr brake conversion in my 92 si hatchback. what parts do i need and what parts do i need to this. Can anybody help me?

you will need nothing i did this swap before works great? i am wondering the will they swap work on a del sol thanks any help please?

so all i have to do is change the rotors and calipers? I don't have to change the control arms and stuff like that?

Originally posted by nitrotiger@Aug 7 2003, 08:04 PM
you will need nothing i did this swap before works great? i am wondering the will they swap work on a del sol thanks any help please?

Start your own thread!
Damn hijackers...

hi i did the swap on my 92 si. you need the gsr spindle, hubs, rotors, and calipers. you can use the lines and bolts from your si.
some advice. while you have everything out. spend the money and get crossdrilled and slotted rotors, stainless steal brake lines, and better brake pads.
the only tool you with need is a flang nut wrench. careful you don't wanna brake the hard brake lines.
you will also need to up grade your master cylinder and brake booster. unless you can deal with the soft pedal feel. for your info the 92-95 civic si has a 13/16 master cylinder. while the bigger calipers of a 94+ gsr use a 15/16 master cylinder.

Originally posted by khrisb+Aug 8 2003, 07:08 AM-->
nitrotiger
@Aug 7 2003, 08:04 PM

Start your own thread!
Damn hijackers...

He wasn't jacking shit, he answered the question, then asked his own. And to answer that question, yes it is the same, but you need vehicle specific rear disc e brake cables. And that goes for the original poster also.

i tried to put my front gsr brakes on my civic today but mines is DX. when i was putting the integra ones on i found out that i dont have enough space after i put in my rotor and tried to put in the calipor but i didnt have enough room. Am i supposed to switch over the... i dont know what its called but its the thing thats bolted to the upper A arm and comes down and holds the hub thing. im sorry if i sound so confusing. i just dont know what any of the parts are called. Im also sorry that i stole your post but your question was the same subject as mine.

its called the spindle and hub. and yes you need them. the bolts will be in the wrong places if you try to use your dx spindle and hub.
when you bought your conversion it should have came with it. its a L shaped arm.

i just swapped rear drum to disc and just simply un bolted the control arms, and the trailing arms from the body and bolted them up. the brake line will need to be unbolted and so will the ebrake. the control arm bolts are 14mm, there are two bolts the suck the trailing arm up into the body which are 17mm, and the bolt way in the frt of the trailing arm is 14mm. the brake line connection is 10mm, MAKE SURE YOU LUBE THE SHIT OUT OF IT WITH PENETRATING OIL, AND USE A FLARE NUT WRENCH-you dont want to snap it or strip it. as far as the ebrake cable , i just took the gsr cable with the rear brakes and thats all i have left to do. i havent done the master cyl yet either. let me know how you madfe out

Back