GSR cams best for turbo than B16A cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ferrallas

Hello, Ive a question about the cams of GSR and Civic 99 Si,

if the specs are

Civic Si(1999 Spec)
Int-265 dur. / 10.5mm lift
Exh-267 dur. / 9.6mm lift

Integra GS-R
Int-274 dur. / 10.7mm lift
Exh-276 dur. / 9.6mm lift

The GSR cams its a good upgrade for the stock B16A2 from 99 Si?? (for turbo really)

THanks

Quoted post[/post]]
Hello, Ive a question about the cams of GSR and Civic 99 Si,

if the specs are

Civic Si(1999 Spec)
Int-265 dur. / 10.5mm lift
Exh-267 dur. / 9.6mm lift

Integra GS-R
Int-274 dur. / 10.7mm lift
Exh-276 dur. / 9.6mm lift

The GSR cams its a good upgrade for the stock B16A2 from 99 Si?? (for turbo really)

THanks
Yes. Although it's not a big increase, it is still a nice, cheap upgrade for N/A or turbo.

yeah due to the fact that there's not as much overlap. I got some for cheap...first I gotta make sure they're gsr cams though lol. wouldnt want to slap something in that sucks.

You are going to want to look at the duration at .050" of lift. Alot of cam specs will list max duration, but you want to know the duration when the valve is open enough to make a big difference. Yes, gsr cams are going to most likely be best bang for the buck in a budget turbo setup. Slightly more duration and lift than the b16.

I'd go with a gsr intake and ctr exhaust cam, as the ctr exh has more lift than the gsr cam, with a very similar duration. This would be very similar to the turbo cam setup that Crower offers - nearly identical duration with slightly less lift.

Back