GSR dizzy on ls?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formerDSMer

Hey all,

I recently acquired a 1992 cx with a 99ls b18b1 swap in it. The car is wired up with a sohc wiring harness with obd2 injector clips spliced in to run obd2 injectors runnin p06 computer.

I assume the car is wired correctly because i get fuel and hear the main relay kick on. I bought the car not running....It has no spark. I noticed the distributor doesn't bolt up to the head evenly. I've learned i have a TD-68U dizzy, obd1 gsr dizzy. My question is would this be the cause of me not getting any spark to the plugs.

I've checked the dizzy with a volt meter. I get a pulse of volts when i crank the car (the the ignition cap, thing with spring). And all other connections in the dizzy get voltage which leads me to believe its wired correctly?

So would running a GSR dizzy cause me not to get spark? A dizzy is expensive i dont wanna buy one thinkin it will solve my problem when it may lie somewhere else in the wiring......

Thanks and i've learned quite a bit from this site!:D

your situation leads me to belive it's an LS vtec OBD1 hybrid type deal. maybe a 99 LS block, but to me sounds like you have a gsr head on it. look for a vtec solinoid.

looks like this on the left of the valve cover:
OPSnVTECsol.jpg

if you have that, then yeah you've got an LS/VTEC swap goin on. your going to want to get OBD1 injectors to match that ECU and dizzy. i think you'll also have to rechip the P06 with different fuel maps but i wouldnt know what. best bet is to just get it tuned. but hopefully someone else can come along and give a little more insight.

if you've got wiring issues, your going to have to post up some findings

Thanks i appreciate the resonse. I know I definitely have a b18b1 with ls head. I can tell the difference between the valve covers (vtec and non). I think the previous owner just didnt put the right dizzy on....cause i know its a gsr one and the bolts dont line up on the head.....

My main question is....would running a GSR dizzy on a LS head cause me not to get spark. Thanks!

Back