GSR ECU on SOHC VTEC trouble!!! help :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

civicruleshatches

ok i swaped a SOHC J-SPEC motor into my hatch about 6 months ago and got ripped on the computer but anyway i finally got one cuz one of my friends told me that a gsr ecu would help me out a lot and brings da little single alive and that it did. But any way i purchased a skunk2 gsr ecu and its trowing a code 19. I did a little research and it seems like this code is a Lock-Up Control Solinoid Valve. Now im under the impression that this is a sensor that goes on a automatic tranny so i figured that the ecu is auto but with the automatic controls disabled but anyway i just want to make sure that theres no way i can get rid of this cuz i dont have this sensor so i have to just put up with the cel right? im glad that it didnt throw the ecu into "crazy mode" where it wouldnt function right. This code soesnt effect the performance of the car and i suggest this ecu swap to anyone cuz it pulls very hard. Especially at 6000 when 2nd stage vtec kicks in> For example i can pull ls swaps and 99' SI so far so im very happy with the purchase. But any help on this subject is greatly appreciated and thxs u guys!!!!

I Holla :worthy:

ummmm i probably read your thread wrong...

but did you put a gsr ecu on your sohc?

will the same work for the y8 ?

its throwing a code because its the wrong damn ecu.

its looking for a knock sensor- the d-series doesn't have one
its looking for the iab control - the d-series doesn't have one
its fuel maps are all wrong
there is no such thing as 2nd stage vtec.
there is no such thing as a j-spec d16z6
no gsr's were automatic
any code, when on, puts the ecu into closed loop mode, and DOES effect performance

get a p28, and loose the moron of a friend who told you all of that

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 3 2003, 09:36 AM
its throwing a code because its the wrong damn ecu.

its looking for a knock sensor- the d-series doesn't have one
its looking for the iab control - the d-series doesn't have one
its fuel maps are all wrong
there is no such thing as 2nd stage vtec.
there is no such thing as a j-spec d16z6
no gsr's were automatic
any code, when on, puts the ecu into closed loop mode, and DOES effect performance

get a p28, and loose the moron of a friend who told you all of that

some jdm gsr's were automatic

you mean it throws the ecu into open loop- meaning that it reads fuel mapping off the ecu and no sensors, which happens at full throttle anyways.

there are jdm d16z6's

im guessing you are getting the cel because you have a 5 speed and an auto ecu lol, not only that you have no knock sensor like brian pointed out

that being said- when you get a knock sensor code the ecu pulls out tons of timing, decreasing power!!

more power from a sohc with a gsr ecu? :bs:

I holla :worthy:

omg i hate dumba**es who think they know everything about a f***n honda. on another note thanxs SolReaver for actually attempting to help me on the subject unlike others. I think it runs great and so do all my friends like i said it pulls ls swaps and civic si's i dont know if the dude who programmed it disabled all that other stuff or not but it runs fine the only thing is it had an "eratic idle" and its throwing a code 19 no other codes when i get on it at WOT it runs great no smoke indicating its rich or anything so i guess it is possible to do this swap :p

find me a TRUE genuine jdm d16z6.
by name alone, they don't exist. no JDM motors have a trailing numeral.

some jdm gsr's are auto- yes. but he never said his ecu was a jdm one. i assumed a usdm ecu, like most people would run in the first place, and thus, it doesn't exist.

and open/closed loop mix up was a typo/ mis-brainer.

and if youre pulling ls swaps and civic sis in your z6, your friends either can't drive, have weak motors, or their cars are stupid heavy full of stereo shit. even if the ecu DID work well and gave you say, 10 hp, which im sure it didn't, they should still pull you hard.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 4 2003, 11:05 AM

some jdm gsr's are auto- yes. but he never said his ecu was a jdm one. i assumed a usdm ecu, like most people would run in the first place, and thus, it doesn't exist.

and if youre pulling ls swaps and civic sis in your z6, your friends either can't drive, have weak motors, or their cars are stupid heavy full of stereo shit. even if the ecu DID work well and gave you say, 10 hp, which im sure it didn't, they should still pull you hard.

right- by name alone...however 1.6 sohc vtec ARE available in japan

you said like most people would run in the first place... most does not equal all- how does that mean they dont exist?

but yeah...i think whatever "power" you are gaining is all in your head...i would actually guess that you would be losing a lot of power with a gsr ecu- get it dynoed and prove us wrong :)

ANY and I mean ANY 93-95 Civic Coupe with a D16Z# engine that exists in Japan was made in Canada anyways.

So, technically it's a NADM engine (North American)

Why not just get the ECU for your engine and hook up a VAFC to tune or chip it? That would be much more preferable to using the wrong ECU for your engine...

actually there was a d series motor that came with a secondary vtec solinoid....on of my friends has it in his crx....the motor isnt too bad but i dont really know 2 much about it....

It's a 1.5L 130ps D15B. It's not really that special other than the fact that it has a super economy mode... basically combines VTEC with VTEC-E. No other D, B, F, H, K, or J block has more than one stage of VTEC.

Because it DOES have 2 stages of VTEC. VTEC-E at low rpms, where only one valve opens fully on the intake side, normal operation in the mid range, then VTEC operation with higher lift and duration at higher rpms.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 4 2003, 11:05 AM

Well i just wanted 2 find out what a code 19 was and what it meant but i guess you guys r not going 2 help me cuz u think that a dohc mototr is just the sh** and theres no way i can pull an si well to answer your ? the dude can drive, the motor's not weak uh unless around 15,000 miles is weak to u lol just talk yourself into beliving that sohc motors can run just as good as dohc motors and youll b alright.

15, 15k or 150k i don't give a shit. bult poorly, it will run like ass, have weak compression, and a sohc could walk it.

Code 19 is the auto lockup solenoid.

So, since there are NO USA model P72 auto's, looks like you got yourself a JDM auto ECU, in which case there is no fix for it.

Sorry.

ok thanks all motor finally someone who answered my question this thread has been beatn to death mayb people should just discuss the ? on hand and not how a single can't out run a dohc ,which they can, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back